What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 6 Thread (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
In the previous episode the band had a big gig and Zach had a jealousy-fueled meltdown because Brian wrote a song for Lane. There was a big brawl on stage in front of record agents, etc.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

Ohhhh.. that's right. I remember now. I just don't remember Lane deciding to move out, that's all.

WRT to the Luke/Lorelai thing. I think it's just a ploy by screenwriters to cause tension between those two. I think it is unnecessary. Also, I have never been the type of person to subscribe to the theory that you need to tell your sifnificant other EVERYTHING about yourself. Just because you are in a relationship doesn't mean you are required to expose everything about yourself... either past or present. As long as what you are keeping doesn't effect the person you are with in any negative way. But that's just me and I know that when it comes to relationships I know I don't think like the masses.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Agreed, but we'd probably be a little bored if it were just "schmunchkin cakes" this and "schmunchkin cakes" that. :)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

Yeah, I guess you are right. BTW, who the hell talks like that??? I wouldn't be caught dead calling someone "shmunchkin cakes". :D

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I don't know if this was mentioned here, but does everyone know that that scene was a parody of the documentary DIG? The same thing happens in that film. In fact, the tambourine player was from the band in the film.

I didn't know it at the time, but read about it in Entertainment Weekly. I then watched DIG and it is an unbelievable movie. If you haven't seen it, it is a must see.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/17/06 "Just like Gwen and Gavin"

OMG, the look in Lorelai's eyes when she realizes that Luke has been keeping his daughter a secret from her showed what a confused state she was in, somewhat hurt that Luke would kept her a secret, and that he didn't trust her enough to share such a development.

Luke's daughter is very cute in how she handles Luke's awkwardness around her.

"Welcome to the S.H. Bitch!"

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, I teared up at that moment. :b

I can't wait until April and Rory meet.

And how cute was Paul Anka stickin out his paw to stop the wheel?

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
A very disappointing outing after last week's upturn. How predictable that Lorelai would walk into the diner after saying she could not visit. How predictable that Rory's talk with Paris would make things at the paper worse. For a show that was consistently surprising in its first 4 years, this has become a sad shadow.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I don't know about that. It has been very good this season.

Although I will agree that last nights episode was an off episode. Get rid of Logan already, and stop throwing things in between Luke and Lorelei. That postponement wasn't that necessary.

As said above, it will be fun to see Rory and the daughter together. They seem like they will hit it off. Normally, adding kids to TV shows ruin them, but this seems more like a mini-Rory, than a Leonardo DiCaprio in GROWING PAINS.

Michael_EC

Stunt Coordinator

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I think this season has been better than 3 at least and maybe even 2 so far.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Well, I haven't thought about them until you mentioned them just now, so I guess not.

Luke can't read Lorelai -- she didn't look OK with postponing the wedding. Not that they won't get married in the season finale, right on schedule... (I'm guessing)

Duane R

Second Unit
I'm disappointed in Luke's "make up" with Lorelai at the end. There's obviously going to be friction, but I think the wedding can't really happen this year (IMO), because I think that's how the show will end. Also, I liked Lorelai's 8 Mile reference to Taylor in the alley.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Nah, the show will end with Rory graduating from college (or grad school, if it's still economical to continue the show after 7 years) and really finally heading out to start a seperate life somewhere away from Star's Hollow.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/31/06

OMG, that was the craziest last 5 minutes ever on GG.

Rory/Logan save the day at the newspaper.

Luke really tries to connect with April.

Lorelai is still all verklempt about Luke and April.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I know! I felt like applauding when it was over.

And for all my complaints about the camerawork in previous episodes, they went all out. With handhelds and everything!! Loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks