What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 6 Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally, Rory is styling her hair differently, and I like it.

Rory's adaptation to her community service was amusing in how she is now coordinating the work crews. Will this be a hint to her managerial acumen, even if her reporting dreams were crushed last season by Logan's pop. I still dislike Logan, this season is no different. The DAR bit at the end made Rory look lost.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Having picked up Season 4 on DVD and watching the final episode it becomes obvious that Rory has a strong tendency to be in denial. She did it regarding Dean and again with this taking a break from Yale thing. In this respect she is quite different than Lorelai.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
They are really pushing the limits of the girls relationship. I am glad they are not getting over each other so fast. I loved the scence where they asking their men about what type of dress to wear. I think Rory is ready to give, but Lorelai is being an ox.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I totally agree...Lorelai is definitely the more stubborn one out of the two. That's the Gilmore in her.

I just ate lunch with my co-worker and it's our ritual to discuss GG on Wednesday at lunch. She's a mom and I'm not...so I can see Rory's point of view on things and she just thinks Rory is being a spoiled brat. She also thought Rory should of called Lorelai and told her about getting a new cell phone number...I said, "Well, Lorelai didn't call Rory to tell her about her engagement and that is definitely a bigger deal than getting a new cell phone number. And Lorelai has made it quite obvious that she's still not on talking terms with Rory. So why would Rory call her out of the blue and say, 'I lost my cell phone, here is my new number'?" Personally, I think Lorelai is being the more stubborn one and having a stubborn mother myself, I can totally relate.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm looking forward to next week when it seems some of these issues will be dealt with.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode had some of the funniest bits for GG. Any scene with Beau was gold. It's the little moments between the characters that carried it. Even with the stalemate between Rory and Lorelai, the writing has been really good this season, which is good because sometime longer running shows tend to get stale in spots, which drags things down, but I'm enjoying the season very much.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Initially I was concerned that the Dragonfly got screwed on the insurance, but fortunately it was just a way for Lorelai to see her dad.

Paris becomes a bitter working girl and its hilarious!

That Kirk is one weird dude and Sean Gunn has no shame.

The Gilmores are rather slow on the uptake but it's good to see them unleashed.

I'm not sure what to make of Richard's expression at the end. Pity or did he see the truth in what Mitchum had said?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
One technical thing, did anyone notice they seemed to be using a lot more camera angles than normal?

In the dinner scene at Suki's, they had all these close ups from all sorts of different angles. A few other times, they seemed to have a lot more close ups than usual.

Normally don't pick up on things like this, but it seemed a bit different.

Good episode though.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think it also hit him that Lorelei was right, and he'd undermined her, and let Rory run from her problems. And he's relatively powerless to do anything about how the Huntzbergers have treated her, aside from decking Mitchum (which he would absolutely have done if he had any idea Rory had been crying).

And about a dozen other things. Richard sort of fascinates me, because while the theme of the rest of the show has always been about how Rory, Lorelei, and Lane are their mothers' daughters no matter how hard they try not to be, Richard's relationship with Lorelei isn't so easily defined, and as much as he's come to respect her as a businesswoman, the idea that she might be a better parent than he and Emily were is going to throw him.

Duane R

Second Unit
What Emily said to Mrs. Huntzberger was so satisfying after the browbeating Rory took last year. I'm with Guo in trying to decipher Richard's expression at the end.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I took it that after all the glowing things he had been saying about Rory, seeing her on that stage made him realize that she had been sucked deep into Emily's world. That revelation that Mitchum might well have been right caused, to quote Hamlet, his "gorge to rise at it."

Rob

Gregory Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Rory's easy acceptance of Emily's role does tend to prove Mitchum's point. However, Richard has to see that Lorelai was right and the best course would have been to encourage Rory to fight back rather than move calmly into Emily's rich housewife world. Whether she has it in her or not, I firmly believe that trying and failing is much better than never having tried to push yourself.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
Didn't anybody see Richard making a fist when he was talking to Mitchum. I think only his good breeding kept him from punching him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/18/05

I wasn't feeling it for this fluff piece of an episode. Let's hope we get some real traction for Rory's future as Richard and Lorelai finally find some common ground w/r/t Rory.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Taylor is an idiot, but he can't be such a fucking idiot that he wouldn't understand that having an inn on Sores & Boils Alley (or whatever) would be bad for business. I just don't buy it.

I guess along with T.J, they're overdoing the "quirk" -- although not with Kirk (yet).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
10/25/05

Luke had some good lines tonight: "Does this have an actual foundation?" and "It was like drinking a My Little Pony!"

The Rory angst continues to percolate and it seems it may take Jess to get her to do something about it. Maybe he is good for something?

I really want Luke to get his comeuppance with Emily. He either needs to rip her a new one the only way Luke can or Emily needs to realize what a bitch she is. Maybe even both! For now it was good enough to have Richard piss off Emily for what he said about fundraising and parties.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let's be a little more mindful of preview spoilers (by using spoiler text).

Luke was bringing it with a movie reference or two of his own. The sausage talk between Lorelai and Sookie was right on that line of tawdry-ness.

You have to admire the passive-aggressiveness of Emily's attempts to keep Rory from literally becoming Lorelai the Second (in terms of getting knocked up young and out of wedlock). Glad Lorelai got the hell out of Richard's study when that topic popped up. Richard put quite a zinger on Emily's activities.

Emily's prejudice came out just like that old commercial on prejudice when she introduced Lane was Rory's Asian friend. At times, she's pretty tough to take, but she's who she is.

Still can't stand Logan. Paris and Doyle are also better in small doses. The look in Lorelai's eyes was one of parental pain when she learns of Paris becoming editor of the school paper when she knows that Rory would have had just as good a shot at the position had she stayed in college.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks