What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It would be ironic/funny if Lorelai and Luke's relationship is what brings Emily and Richard back together, with them working towards separating Lorelai from Luke if possible.

I don't like the nickname of "Ace" for Rory, though.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Eh, "Ace" is cute. Pretty amazing how good the Palladinos are, though - they've put a fair amount of effort into making Logan an annoying twerp, but were able to make him kind of appealling fairly quickly.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
Best lines of the Show

Lorelai "Gin!"

Emily "Do you have turrets?"

This was a great episode, I was laughing so hard though most of it.

I am ready for them to get Dean "The loaf" out of the show.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Fantastic episode! I do feel a bit manipulated by the way the've turned Logan from a louse to a charmer, but I'm just glad Rory has a worthy suitor again. I like the notion that Rory may be gravitating towards the very lifestyle that Lorelai has so adamantly refused. This should be an interesting season.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hmm...I'm not sure I like Rory canoodling with the uppity and privileged, but then I fully admit to personal prejudices about the wealthy. I guess the episode hit all my sensitive areas, from the frivolous activities of the secret society to Emily and Richard's judgment of Luke and Lorelai's relationship, so that I'm not too impressed with the Gilmores or Rory's latest social contacts.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
First Rory goes for nice guy Dean.

Then she almost goes for bad boy Tristian.

Then she does go for bad boy Jessie.

Then she goes back to nice guy Dean.

Now she might be going for bad boy Logan.

Well at least Dean got to do her first.

And what's with Lane. She's already been through 2 of her bandmates. Whose next? The guy with the glasses or the married guy.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
Right after she broke up with Dean and Tristian's girlfriend dumped him at a party, she came to him when he was sitting at a piano and they kissed - once.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
It was great to see Lane's mom back.

I can't stand Luke's sister and her husband.

Did Dean officially end the relationship or what?

~T

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This season of pain continues for me.

The snobbiness of Richard and Emily reaches new heights as they conceive a plan to nuke Rory and Dean relationship with the party for Yale alumni and their Yale offspring.

Dean finally wises up and gives up on Rory because their social standings don't sync up anymore.

Luke has more patience than some canonized saints. The bit with his sister and brother-in-law was pretty bad.

Lorelai has to deal with the interference by her parents in Rory's life, and the drama inflicted won't be a fun ride.

Hate Lane's cousin's accent, it's just bad. Her mom's overreaction was pretty harsh to watch. The characters are becoming caricatures on this show.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
Luke's Sister and brother-in-law annoy me and my wife to end!

I found the bit with Lane's mom very funny.

It feels like Emily and Richard "teamed" up to put Rory into a higher social path than Lorelai choose.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Now we see up close and personal what drove Lorelai from her parents in her teen years as they meddle (with the bestest of intentions according to their world view, of course) in Rory's love life so that she'll have some standing in their community and won't marry a pauper.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder what happened in the limo with Rory and a bunch of rich, self-indulgent drunk guys? At least she was smiling when she left.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
quote:Now we see up close and personal what drove Lorelai from her parents in her teen years as they meddle (with the bestest of intentions according to their world view, of course) in Rory's love life so that she'll have some standing in their community and won't marry a pauper.

Which is the point of this season, I believe. I expect that Rory's flirtation with the Yale society will cause more tension between Lorelai and Rory.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Poor Emily. You can only keep up appearances for so long...

Not sure what to think of Lorelai's decision not to pick up Chris's call. Trying to prove Rory wrong or legitimate release? I'm leaning toward the latter.

What could Luke's secret be? I thought I saw a boat in the background of one of the shots, which would be kind of lame...maybe it's his dad's boat?

Others have noted this before, but Paris is definitely a caricature.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oh and I think the stylists are giving a little extra to Graham for the Friday night dinners. She looks great with straight hair!

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I was suprised that nothing was mentioned on the show about what happened last week. Lorelai wasn't angry at her parent's for setting up Rory and there was no confrontation between Lorelai and Rory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks