What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Rory isn't really attracted to nice guys, as a rule. Dean was the ideal guy for her, but she preferred Jess. Rory is such a mess, romantically speaking, it's tough to watch sometimes. Rory is book smart, but her street smarts don't do much for her in terms of thinking things through until after she gives into her impulses. I know, she's young, she'll make mistakes, but for such a likable character, I don't like to see her in so much dramatic romantic pain and self-recrimination.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
quote:Lauren Graham looked especially attractive in this episode, perhaps because she was smiling alot.

Also looks good without pants. When she was talking with Luke at the counter, she described the plot of some movie (a boat, some flowers?) -- what is it?

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
quote:what is it?

Some Kind of Wonderful

Eric Stoltz (looking very unlike Eric Stoltz), Mary Stuart Masterson, Lea Thompson, and Elias Koteas (in what I've always thought was his breakthrough role, even though he never really broke through).

Brad

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was awesome how Lorelai went through the plot of Some Kind of Wonderful in like 3-4 lines. Excellent!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Caught a reference to LOTR in this episode. Can't remember exactly what it was, but it had to do with the Prancing Pony.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was thinking the snobby guy looked like Paul Bettany and then he said his "Master and Commander" line. I guess it wasn't just me.

Not sure how I feel about Rory trying to hook up with Dean. But from what I've heard that's not going to last for the whole season.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
quote:Lauren Graham looked especially attractive in this episode, perhaps because she was smiling alot.

quote:Also looks good without pants.

Why do I have the terrible feeling that by "without pants" you mean, "wearing a skirt instead"?
wink.gif

Regards,

Joe

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe this was covered in an earlier season and I just forgot but:

If Lorelai moved to Stars Hollow when she was 16 or 17 and Luke is from Stars Hollow, how is it they only know each other for only 8 years?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Didn't Luke move back after his father died, so perhaps Luke wasn't living in Stars Hollow the entire time.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Sookie referred to Luke the he had never lefted to go college or anywhere else and that he would have to buried in the diner in one episode so that doesn't seem accurate.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But Luke converted his dad's hardware store into the diner (I would suspect it was after his dad died).

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Loralai worked at the dragonfly inn, and didn't buy the house with Rory until Rory was roughly 7-8 I believe. So it's understandable she didn't know Luke extremely well before.

In season 1 she wasn't even aware of him and Rachel's relationship. It sounds like Loralai didn't become active in the town until later.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
quote:Thanks. Was it any good?

It's written by John Hughes but directed by Howard Deutch, the same working relationship as Pretty in Pink and The Great Outdoors. It's basically the same plot as PiP with the parts all reversed. It isn't nearly as good as the 80's teen films that Hughes directed himself, but it is still an entertaining few hours.

Brad

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/12/04 "Tippercanoe and Taylor, Too"

Okay episode, the dialogue was better (loaded with pop cultural references out the wazoo), but the main subplots didn't seem to grab me all that much. I still can't stand Rory and Dean anymore.

So much sympathy for Taylor got washed away in his speech at the end. Then again, Jackson is ill-prepared for the job.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
quote:So much sympathy for Taylor got washed away in his speech at the end.
Well, he is Taylor. He's utterly unaware what a complete pain in the ass he is but incapable of changing.

Also, that's a really quick divorce, or so it seems.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Are they divorced or are they divorcing?

I like the fact that they're not shoving Luke and Lorelai down our throats. They're letting it play out subtly.

I too am sick of Rory and Dean. It just seems like a step backwards rather than forwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks