What's new

Gilmore Girls - 9/30/03 - The Lorelais' First Day at Yale (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
This has been excellent so far. I've been missing this show for about a year. The dialogue is like Quentin Tarantino and Aaron Sorkin had a kids with the rapid fast pacing and the smart pop culture references. It's about time for this show to come out on DVD.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The episode started stiffly at Lorelai's house, but once they get to Yale, the vibe went back to normal again, and the rapid-fire dialogue was clicking once more.

There were many funny bits:

Luke trying to get a divorce, wanting nothing in the process, while the lawyers pressing him to want something.

The Yale bedding gag.

I wished they didn't ruin the "Paris as Rory's roommate" tidbit in the commercials. Paris's lifecoach bit was hilarious when Paris goes off the "calmness" reservation.

Getting Rory "introduced" to her dormmates by Lorelai's "event planning" skills was a good way to settle Rory into college.

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it looks like the show is back. The new roommate and classmates are probably no replacements for Madeline and Louise, though. The real Paris is just underneath the surface, ready to drive Rory and the new girl nuts.

The last scene with Lorelai in the empty house was one of the best in the series. There is a big hole in her life now, and she is uncertain how to fill it.

I really want this show to come out on DVD. I've missed a few eps in Seasons 2-3 because it was opposite Buffy.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Did I miss something or did the fourth suite-mate never show up?

I don't like "craft-person" Paris, but I don't suspect that she'll be around for very long. It's like trying to train a weasel to guard your chickens - her true nature will surface soon.

My favorite line is probably "I recognize that tree.", just because of the straight delivery.

I thought the "I want my mommy" bit was weak (probably just because of the time element), and I almost wish they'd have written it the other way around.

Brad

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
"I recognize that tree" was the perfect punch line to that scene...

I don't think there's a show on TV right now that makes me laugh harder.

BTW, I just sent an email to [email protected] just to see if anything happens.

Or maybe I should have tried rony.gilmore? :D

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
"no matches to nameserver query"

"Many people at Yale have similar names so please do not try to guess someone's email address." :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My favorite line/moment from last night was Rory mushing her nose an wondering if it was made of clay. I think Bledel is at her funniest when Rory is in shock over something.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
I thought Lorelie staying at the dorm overnight was a bit forced and I was concerned for Rory that it would present her as a real goofball to her new schoolchums.

Also, I don't mind Paris being in Yale with her, but I would have preferred some new roommates as the show could have used some new blood in that department.

I hope they do not abondon Lanie, she was a fav of mine. So far no sighting.

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
I'm new to the show.I watched last week and said, "What do people get out of this?"But, luckly, I give it a chance with a different episode and I loved it.I now can't wait for next week.;)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I thought Lorelie staying at the dorm overnight was a bit forced and I was concerned for Rory that it would present her as a real goofball to her new schoolchums.
The real danger in being considered a goofball is being lumped in with her suitemates. ;)

On the other hand, she’ll look cool standing next to them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks