What's new

Gilmore Girls 5/13/2003 (1 Viewer)

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Did anyone else think this was a major filler ep with the Jess to California to set up his own show storyline? I have absolutely no interest in that spin-off.

This show also has a number of storylines to wrap as well:
How Will Lorelie Pay for College?
Luke Gets Engaged, Lorelie asks him not to?
The Prom, does it get any play?
What school will Paris go to?
What about the new inn?

The Jess filler this week cost some story development for these other areas.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's smart to introduce "The Mariano Men" (or whatever it winds up being called) via a spin-off episode on GG. CSI (Las Vegas) did the same when they used an episode to spin off CSI: Miami last year.

But I can't say TMM would be a must see show just because Jess is somewhat unlikable, and not in a good way. Plus, I just can't get used to seeing Sherilyn Feen as a platinum blonde. And that little girl is going to go blind reading in dark places.

I'm guessing Lorelai is going to have to borrow back the money she gave mom and pop, and that'll re-institute Friday night dinners again.

Paris will go to Yale unless they don't want the character back for the college years.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Instead of borrowing from mom and pop again, from the previews it looks like she'll take the money that was going to go to buying the inn

//Ken

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
I know you guys are into the show, but I just have to say, that the GG need to be a little less Long Winded. I mean, do they even breathe when talking? Runon after runon. That mom wotever her name is kills me.. Arghhhh! Shutup!!!!!!!

sorry.Rant over.. continue discussing your tv show.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
The show is a lot like West Wing in its verbal pacing, but it does not take itself so seriously. The machine gun diatribe does get a bit much now and again, but there are enough witty nuggets in the dialogue that it gets a pass, imho.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I know you guys are into the show, but I just have to say, that the GG need to be a little less Long Winded.
Hey, the show's unique voice is part of why we love it. If Lorelei started speaking in simple sentences and leaving a pause for the laugh track, it would be less distinctively Gilmore Girls.

I wouldn't want every show to sound like GG, but I also wouldn't want GG to sound any other way. The rapid-fire, occasionally stream-of-consciousness dialogue is part of what makes the show stand out.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Nah. I noticed a few weeks ago that Jess & Luke had a different rhythm than Lorelei & Rory, and I think "Mariano Men" (somebody give that show a name!) will find a different voice. Where Gilmore Girls runs off everyone knowing each other so well, I think Mariano Men will, at least at first, be fueled by awkward silences (if only because I doubt Rob Estes has the lung capacity Lauren Graham does).

Tough to know until it gets a showrunner, though - if the Palladinos are going to be concentrating on Gilmore Girls, whoever winds up with Men will imprint their own voice on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks