What's new

Gilligan's Island Beyond (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah, Love Boat on an Island! I remember seeing that. It wasn't too good. But I sure love those characters so I didn't mind so much. I know the actor who played "Roger" on Jeannie was on an episode...or to be a regular...?

Originally Posted by younger1968

I was only 11/12 years of age when the movies came out. I believe the Castaways on gilligans island was to be pilot for a new TV series, which was to be Love Boat on a tropical island, but, it never tooked off. The Harlem Globe Trotters was a good episode, because Jim Backus makes an appearnce and you could see that he was sick at the time.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I also thought that the Gilligan's island The castaway on gilligan island started with them being rescue by finding a plane and putting it back together. The 2nd part of the movie was they open a resort on the show. I also thought Tom Bosley had a role in this picture.

I would love to see a Gilligan's Island TV movie set, especially if they can clean up the old movies. It has been awhile since i have seen these movies aired. The movies used to be on TBS, but, nothing for at least 20+ years.

It is hard to believe that it is nearly 50 years since gilligan island started airing on the TV. It is one of those shows that people have a cult following for, like myself. I was not born when it originally ran, but, i remember watching it in syndication on stations, like CKVR (Barrie) and possibly YTV in the 1980s. I have the original series on dvd and i do watch it from time to time. I have favourite episodes, like the japanese officer, the episode where science shifts there personalities to different people bodies, russian cosonnauts, the hunter, the caveman/puzzle to gilligan island, etc.

I did hear about a movie remake happening, but, i hope is does not come to be.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
It's been years since I've seen the last two movies, but Rescue From Gilligan's Island is on once or twice a year pretty regularly. I watched it on television within the past 6 months, although I couldn't tell you what network it was on.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

It's been years since I've seen the last two movies, but Rescue From Gilligan's Island is on once or twice a year pretty regularly. I watched it on television within the past 6 months, although I couldn't tell you what network it was on.

Yeah, i think i remember seeing rescue from Gilligan island. However, the other two movies (globe Trotters and the castaways) have not been on for years. The latst time i remembering seeing either those movies was in the 1980s or early 1990s. I would be ok, if they are not shown, but i would like to add them to my dvd collection. The harlem globe trotters one was good, because two space 1999 stars were in the movie (Martin Landau and Barbara Bain).

The castaway movie was funny, because they found airport hanger. I laugh because they have been on that island for 20+ years and they found the hanger, lol.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Yeah, i think i remember seeing rescue from Gilligan island. However, the other two movies (globe Trotters and the castaways) have not been on for years. The latst time i remembering seeing either those movies was in the 1980s or early 1990s. I would be ok, if they are not shown, but i would like to add them to my dvd collection. The harlem globe trotters one was good, because two space 1999 stars were in the movie (Martin Landau and Barbara Bain).

The castaway movie was funny, because they found airport hanger. I laugh because they have been on that island for 20+ years and they found the hanger, lol.

Hi Paul!

In currently reviewing the original series, it just amazes me the many things the Castaways keep finding on such a small island! ;)

Anyway Paul, I notice you haven't posted in just about the last 6 months. I hope that all is well with you!

Getting back to Gilligan, I don't believe I've viewed the second and third TV movies on television since their original airings! I have 2 different versions of RESCUE FROM GILLIGAN'S ISLAND (1978); the abysmal incomplete DIGIVIEW DVD, and the somewhat better Treasure Box Collection Double Sided DVD that also includes WACKIEST WAGON TRAIN IN THE WEST, which is 3 episodes of Bob Denver's 1973 TV Series, DUSTY'S TRAIL, which has been described as a sort of Gilligan's Island in the old west!

Especially with all 3 of the animated Gilligan's series released, I think it's high time all three TV Movies get a proper issuing, as well! In my opinion, including all three in one set would be the most viable way of releasing these, as it would better justify the release of the first Movie, as I believe it's a Public Domain title. Wouldn't it be ironic if these saw Blu-ray issue before the original GILLIGAN'S ISLAND series, itself?

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Last edited:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Hi Paul!

In currently reviewing the original series, it just amazes me the many things the Castaways keep finding on such a small island! ;)

Anyway Paul, I notice you haven't posted in just about the last 6 months. I hope that all is well with you!

Getting back to Gilligan, I don't believe I've viewed the second and third TV movies on television since their original airings! I have 2 different versions of RESCUE FROM GILLIGAN'S ISLAND (1978); the abysmal incomplete DIGIVIEW DVD, and the somewhat better Treasure Box Collection Double Sided DVD that also includes WACKIEST WAGON TRAIN IN THE WEST, which is 3 episodes of Bob Denver's 1973 TV Series, DUSTY'S TRAIL, which has been described as a sort of Gilligan's Island in the old west!

Especially with all 3 of the animated Gilligan's series released, I think it's high time all three TV Movies get a proper issuing, as well! In my opinion, including all three in one set would be the most viable way of releasing these, as it would better justify the release of the first Movie, as I believe it's a Public Domain title. Wouldn't it be ironic if these saw Blu-ray issue before the original GILLIGAN'S ISLAND series, itself?

CHEERS! :)

Tony
Paul is good; I just talked with him on Facebook yesterday I believe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks