What's new

Ghosting in HDTV but not DVD (1 Viewer)

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Phipps
Ghosting in HDTV but not DVD
Hi everyone, I am hoping one of you can help me on this one.....
I have been watching DVD's on my VPL W400Q Widescreen Sony projector for a couple years now, the picture has been wonderful, but I kept hearing HDTV is so much better. So I picked up a Bell ExpressVu reciever, I do find the colours more vibrant and detail much better, but there are ghosting effects on the images (left side)....very minor, but makes things seem blurry. The ghosting seems like a gray transparant colour. The projector menu & pattern also display this effect when in HDTV mode, not just the picture, but only in hdtv mode. Component mode is perfectly fine all round, using the same wires. As for cables, I am using RG6 with F connectors to BNC adaptors, I would love to try another cable in case that is the problem, but where do you find 25' component cables you can send or take back if that is not the problem...BTW i am in Toronto, Canada. Any ideas??

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Is the SVM defeatable on that projector? Have you turned the so-called "sharpness" control all the way down?

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Phipps
sorry, forgive my ignorance, but what is SVM? BTW, thanks for the reply!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks