What's new

Ghostbusters 3? (1 Viewer)

Shane D

Supporting Actor
so what happened to the game thats being made being the 3rd story? since they wrote it and all voice acted it?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think this is one of those where I won't believe it until I see it... much the way certain big bands will always say things like, "We'd love to get back to the studio right away and put together a new album really quick since we've worked up so much great stuff on the road" and then it still ends up being four or five years if at all. I'd love a new Ghostbusters movie -- provided it doesn't suck, of course -- but I'm not holding my breath just yet.

(Here's one of those times where I'd love to be wrong...)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
The game comes out next month on the 16th. The game looks pretty good as well.

If they can come up with a good story then I would love to see a 3rd Ghostbusters film. I love the both of the original films, even though the second was not as good as the first.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
As much as I loved the first one, I'm going to temper my excitement. I was super excited about the new Indiana Jones movie and we see how that turned out. Just call me cautiously optimistic.

Shaun

Second Unit
I have no doubt that there will be a Ghostbusters 3. There's just too much money to be made not to make it. These days, there's not much that isn't a sequel, prequel, remake, reboot, adaptation, spin-off, etc.

If they release it during the Summer, which I'm sure they will, it'll be a guaranteed hit. If movies like Wolverine and Terminator Salvation can be made with such little effort towards actually making them any good, then they should be able to spit out another Ghostbusters sequel just as easily. It's money in the bank. I hope with the original cast involved though, it may actually turn out to be somewhat good, at least entertaining. But I'm not going to hold my breath. There's just too much studio interference these days and I realize that movies like The Dark Knight, Star Trek, etc. are just too few and far between.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I think they have said the premise for the script is they are all OLD and long since retired and there is young group now (maybe their kids?) running Ghostbusters. Also, in the mentions I have read in some magazines and E on-line, Rick Moranas does not want to come back. However, the core group will be there last I heard.

As long as it is as good as the first, which is certainly a cult classic (whom can ever forget Stay-Puft?), then I am all for it. They sure have had enough time to work on a great script and I can't imagine them doing a bad one know this most likely will be their grand finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks