1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghostbusters 3?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Shawn Shultzaberger, May 20, 2009.

1. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Well-Known Member

2. Shane D

Shane D Well-Known Member

so what happened to the game thats being made being the 3rd story? since they wrote it and all voice acted it?

3. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    ^^ It's still on apparently.

4. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Premium
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    I think this is one of those where I won't believe it until I see it... much the way certain big bands will always say things like, "We'd love to get back to the studio right away and put together a new album really quick since we've worked up so much great stuff on the road" and then it still ends up being four or five years if at all. I'd love a new Ghostbusters movie -- provided it doesn't suck, of course -- but I'm not holding my breath just yet.

(Here's one of those times where I'd love to be wrong...)

5. Chris Will

Chris Will Well-Known Member

Chris WIlliams
    The game comes out next month on the 16th. The game looks pretty good as well.

If they can come up with a good story then I would love to see a 3rd Ghostbusters film. I love the both of the original films, even though the second was not as good as the first.

6. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    As much as I loved the first one, I'm going to temper my excitement. I was super excited about the new Indiana Jones movie and we see how that turned out. Just call me cautiously optimistic.

7. Shaun

Shaun Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that there will be a Ghostbusters 3. There's just too much money to be made not to make it. These days, there's not much that isn't a sequel, prequel, remake, reboot, adaptation, spin-off, etc.

If they release it during the Summer, which I'm sure they will, it'll be a guaranteed hit. If movies like Wolverine and Terminator Salvation can be made with such little effort towards actually making them any good, then they should be able to spit out another Ghostbusters sequel just as easily. It's money in the bank. I hope with the original cast involved though, it may actually turn out to be somewhat good, at least entertaining. But I'm not going to hold my breath. There's just too much studio interference these days and I realize that movies like The Dark Knight, Star Trek, etc. are just too few and far between.

8. Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H Well-Known Member

I think they have said the premise for the script is they are all OLD and long since retired and there is young group now (maybe their kids?) running Ghostbusters. Also, in the mentions I have read in some magazines and E on-line, Rick Moranas does not want to come back. However, the core group will be there last I heard.

As long as it is as good as the first, which is certainly a cult classic (whom can ever forget Stay-Puft?), then I am all for it. They sure have had enough time to work on a great script and I can't imagine them doing a bad one know this most likely will be their grand finale.

9. TarangSwaroop

TarangSwaroop Member

This one is also mostly great.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

11. Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell Well-Known Member

Greg K.
    I'm there.

12. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Well-Known Member

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=26953 “I’ll come back in Ghostbusters 3 only if I get to be a ghost,” Murray told The Mail On Sunday in an exclusive interview. “I said to them, 'I'll do it if you kill me off in the first reel.' So now they are going to have me as a ghost in the film.”

13. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Well-Known Member

John Williamson
    Now we're talkin' with Reitman on-board!

Just as long as Judd Apatow has NOTHING to do with it!