What's new

Ghost Whisperer (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That was one of the humorous criticisms I saw - why do some ghosts have the clothes they died in and others get to wear formal wear? I'm assuming Melinda's dead brother-in-law didn't fall off the roof wearing a tuxedo, so he got dressed up for their wedding? :confused:

Also, every time she goes to hospital or nursing home there are ghosts everywhere. How does she decide which ones to help? Why doesn't she go back to the hospital to take care of all those lost souls?

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Can you say, "future episodes" Guo?

;)

Actually, I like the laughing ghost enhancement. It looks like this show is at least trying to break out of the formula
  • person dies
  • person has unfinished business
  • JLH to the rescue
  • person sees the light and heads off to the other side
or at least vary this enough to keep my interest.

Besides, JLH has always been nice eye candy.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know if this is known here, but I just read that this show has been picked up for a full season. Which leads me to this question: is there a website where the Fall shows can be tracked so I can see what is in good shape and what is getting the axe?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I like your revised post better, Patrick, concerning JLH's face. ;)

I still think she's gorgeous, though.

I think that the reason she doesn't help every spirit she see's is the fact that she's been doing this awhile and has settled into a routine where she just can't help them all, she would be swamped. It's like a car mechanic, a car mechanic wouldn't fix every single car he saw that had broken down, there's just too many.

That's it, i'm going to have to pick up a box of Kleenex just for this show. This weeks ep about the 3 little boys once again got to me at the end.

Rudi

Stunt Coordinator
There are 2 new shows I really like, Surface and this one. I also think Jenny has aged very gracefully and has a great taste in shirts. The whole cast seems to fit together well including the understanding mate, the little boy who can see STUFF and his grumpy mom and her partner in the store. The only show I watch that does bring tears to my eyes.:frowning:
But in a good way.;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, the ol' water works never used to get a weekly work-out, it's nice to have a show that get's the eyes going like this. :emoji_thumbsup:

The performance that got me in this weeks ep was that of Bruce Weitz(sp), he really seemed like a kid who never really grew up and punished himself for what had happened to Rat and the other boys.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Ah yes, Bruce Weitz. A long way from playing Sgt. Mick Belker on Hill Street Blues.

;)

And once again, after seeing Rance Howard in another of his many roles, I find it interesting how much his son "Opie" looks like him as he (Ron Howard) gets older.

All in all, another very well done episode. Just the right mixture of tragedy, empathy, weirdness, kindness and, of course, JLH's "assets." Gotta give props to the wardrobe people.

:laugh: :laugh:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:D

It's funny, but at the end when the kids were saying their good byes before departing, the episode took on a very Spielberg feel, like that one story he did for Twilight Zone The Movie about the old folks home and the old people became children again.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Damn, that was Belker? I read this thread before watching the ep., but I forgot who the other known person was other than Howard. I wouldn't have put that together.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It cracks me up that she has more skin covered at night than during the day. I'm thinking that was the one item her grandma left for her in the will. :D

The grown up Ernie actually got to me more than boys did.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Whoo hoo. I'm nearly caught up now. I have seen episodes 2, 4 and 5, and I have access to 3. I'll watch it tonight. Then, I'll just be lacking the pilot. I enjoy the show, and I like the credit sequence that got knocked earlier in this thread. :D The sequence is pretty feminine, but it really feels like Alice in Wonderland (perhaps the American McGee version). Hey, some creativity in credit sequences is welcome in an age where most shows seem to do without them entirely.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Glad to hear that your enjoying the show, Greg, i'm guessing that FOX will probably rerun the pilot soon.

I also like the credit sequence, it is different, it has an other worldly quality to it.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't mind it so much either, despite what I may have said earlier. Problem is I think of "whack-a-mole" every time I see the heads start rising up from the ground. I don't think that's what the creator intended :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
10/28/05

Anyone who followed Jack and Bobby last year will recognize the goth half-sister. She was a goth girl in J&B as well, but she actually played a preppy rich girl in an episode of Gilmore Girls a couple seasons back.

JLH's sleepwear was totally different this episode. :)

And we met another character from the spiritual world. Grim Reaper for babies?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
For some reason, this episode hit me harder than the others I've seen. I've gotten choked up on previous episodes, but this one had me bawling like a baby. :frowning:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Another good ep, i'm wondering, though, who was the actress playing 'Hope'? I've seen her somewhere before but I just can't place her.

And, it should be cool next week, we need a sinister spirit for a change of pace I think. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks