What's new

Ghost Whisperer (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
LOL, She would have made a great Elf in Lord of the Rings :)

I like the show, but I get embarrased watching it. I seem to start tearing up at the end of these. :frowning:

Glad nobody has seen me doing that. I would get my "Man Card" pulled.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Nothing wrong with that, Scott, I teared up during the end of this weeks, again, that damn kid...

(whispers in the breeze)"Good bye. Be nice to your mommy."

:frowning::frowning::frowning:

I like it when a show effects me in that way. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I cry at this shows 'Opening Credits' every week cause it's so bad it's freaking Hilarious!

It looks like they were done by "Didn't turn out right Terry Gilliam ala Monty Python's flying circus opening montage government experiment gone wrong Clone."

Or something...

...I got nuthin'.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, it's kind of a weird opener for a show that is so MOR. If it were dark and "scary" or bizarre I could see it fitting, but the show is so not that.

David Rosen

Agent

I totally agree. I loved her on Cybil, and was great in the Birdcage and Chicago, among others. It is a good thing that Happy Family got canned because I was watching it for her, and there wasn't much else.

As for Ghost Whisperer, I watch it for the same reason I watched Joan: there really isn't much else on. If I miss an episode to go out with friends it won't bother me much...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Bad choice to give JLH braces. She didn't do too well with them, especially with the crying scene. The pants she had on in the first part of the show weren't especially flattering either. I guess that's what the ladies are worried about when they ask, "Does this make my butt look big?" :)

I think there is a potential drinking game here. Take a drink every time she says, "earthbound spirits that haven't crossed over."

So I think this has reached guilty pleasure status for me.

RyanAn

Screenwriter

I second that. I have braces and don't or at least hope I don't look or talk like that. I understand it was probably just a few days that she had them on and was not used to them, but it seemed a little fakey. The pants were a little to old fashioned for what we could assume young JLH's character would have worn at the time. I would have thought it would be more similar to Blossom. On second thought, it's a good thing she wore what she wore. :)

Ryan

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I finally got around to watching this weeks ep and this is a really good show! Sure, it may be cheesy at times, but hey, I like cheese, cheese goes great with anything, crackers, cheeseburgers, pizza and on ocassion, a well written tv show that is well acted as well. :emoji_thumbsup:

That one scene broke my heart when Love Hewitt realized that her grandmother was already dead. :frowning:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Me too, John. I guess it should have been obvious in the context of the show, but I didn't pick up on it until JLH realized it as well.

Yet another teary-eyed moment by this damn show! :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was actually referring to the pants she had on in the present day. The top part was cute - the necktie and vest- but the pants made her look pretty bottom heavy.

I had braces as an adult and had a friend get them around the same time. I know we both struggled with getting our lips to close over our teeth, so with a TV show with a few days of shooting it just didn't give enough time to get used to that prop.

And I always think Aisha Tyler looks like Charlize Theron, so I call her the black Charlize. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought the new ep was interesting - sort of a cross between Return to Me and Ghost (though I haven't seen the latter). I didn't really care for the spooky moment in the hospital - it seemed out of character for the show. But I think this show was the strongest yet in terms of the "moving on" message.

And looks like we're actually getting a story arc with that laughing ghost at the end.

Another drinking game item:

Take a drink when the mourner looks to Melinda in confusion and asks what the ghost is saying.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/14/05

I happened to have this on in the background as I was re-arranging the house (new bookcases to hold all my DVD sprayed out all over the house until now), mainly to check out Sean Maher's appearance on this episode, but good grief, how long can this show stay on the slow and sappy road, as JLH helps ghosts move on to other side?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's funny, but this show, this little show, came out of nowhere and is quickly becoming one of my favorite new shows of the season.

Patrick,
one needs to understand that there are all kinds of shows that speak to different facets of human emotion, there are comedies that make us laugh, there are crime dramas that deal in death and crime, fantastical shows that take us into space, horror shows that scare us with vampires and monsters, and shows like this that tug at the heart and make us appreciate those around us.

This show shouldn't be in any way put down for being "sappy", it's one of the most decent, gentle and heartbreaking shows to come along in awhile. In such a cynical and jaded society such as we live in, with so much violence and senseless death on television, this show is such a welcome breath of fresh air. I'll never understand the genesis of the term "sappy", if something makes us cry it is labled as such, I don't get that.

I'm a full-blooded American male and this show makes me sad and yes, even tear up a little and i'm not ashamed to admit it.

Okay, off my soapbox now. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hiya, John. If you like the show that much, I'll give it a shot. I hate to come in on the middle of something, but I only have access to the fourth episode.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hi, Greg, it's actually no problem, the show doesn't really have a continuing storyline like Smallville does, so coming in now should be easy, but you did miss a couple of good eps that you can always catch in reruns later.

This is it in a nutshell, JLH can see and hear ghosts, she could since she was little, now she and a freind run an antique store and she helps ghosts in need find closure so that they may exit our plane of existence.

That's it, your caught up, enjoy. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I just got done watching it, and it was pretty good. A little romance and good will can't hurt in a season where I'm otherwise seeing guys get shot, men beating their wives to death with baseball bats, and creatures biting folks and turning them into pod people. I'll continue with it.

Was the laughing guy at the end part of some recurring thing?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That was actually the first appearance of that ghost, which may be the beginning of a recurring story in future eps.

One things for sure, that guy gave me the creeps, which brings up this point...JLH hasn't encountered any bad spirits yet.

RickGr

Second Unit
How come ghost always have clothes on? Do we take a wardrobe to the other side with us? What clothes get lucky enough to have an afterlife?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That was always one of James Randi's knocks against "skilled guessers" like James Van Pragh and John Edward - how come they never, ever, encountered a soul who had gone to Hell. How come they could reach the departed for everyone who asked, but none of them were so much as sweating out a few thousand years in purgatory? :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks