What's new

Ghost Whisperer - Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It seems that you're the one who has that problem. Joe asked you a simple question, and you took offense.

If you speak up in thread, people may react to you. If you take a position that's open to question, someone may question it. If you're not willing to risk that, then don't post. And if you're not willing to respond in a civil manner, then expect to hear from a moderator.

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
I kind of like Jamie Kennedy in this role better than the last guy. But he looks barely recognizable from even his prank show.

I've missed an ep or two this season. Did they explain the "evil leaper" thing yet? I'm guessing not.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm 40 minutes into this and the central mystery has yet to be revealed (stupid cryptic ghosts--wouldn't a lot more be accomplished if they could just say what they want?), but I think I've figured this out:

Son, don't go near the Indians
Please stay away
Please do what I say

Since I was just a little boy
I liked to roam the hills
And to hear wild stories about the Indians
Was my biggest thrill

I'd shout and yell and holler like heck
I wore moccasins on my feet
And I'd make believe I was under a teepee
Every time I went to sleep

My hair was jet black and I was twenty-one
Lots of pretty girls around
But the paleface maidens didn't thrill me none
Around my Cochise County hometown

Please stay away
Please do what I say

One day I went to the reservation
And there by a shallow creek
Was a beautiful Indian a-fetchin' water
And I just had to speak

She smiled at me then quickly left
But the next day she returned
And it wasn't very long till I told her how
The love in my heart burned

Please stay away
Please do what I say

I told my daddy I'd found a girl
Who meant the world to me
And tomorrow I'd ask the Indian chief
For the hand of NovaLee

Dad's trembling lips spoke softly
As he told me of my life
Twas then he said I could never take
This maiden for my wife

SPOKEN:
Son, the white man and Indians were fighting when you were born
And a brave called Yellow Sun scalped my little boy
So I stole you to get even for what he'd done
Though you're a full-blooded Indian, son
I love you as much as my own little feller that's dead
And, son, NovaLee is your sister
And that's why I've always said

Please stay away
Please do what I say

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I called it.

Gretchen makes a fine momma. She's my exact age, going around with two teenage kids. Makes me feel old. Brittany Curran was a little babe, too (it's okay--she's almost 19). She's sort of Melissa Joan Harty.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
*Sigh*. Seeing Gretchen just makes me miss Journeyman. ;)

Good episode. I also tumbled to the "the two teenagers are actually brother and sister" angle fairly early - I think because it has come up in the "Classic TV Cliches" thread and a variant was used not long ago on The Mentalist.

Nice to see things moving on the Mel and Jim/Sam front. I'm still not sure where they're going with all this, or why they even bothered with the idea in the first place, but I'm happy to go along for the ride.

Regards,

Joe

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Better episode all round - JLH looking quite fetching in the strapless/bustier looking white dress.....;)

Joe,

I have to agree with you completely on the whole Jim/Sam story arc - so at some point are we just going to see Jim and Melinda go back to the relationship and get comfortable with the fact that we will always just see Jim vs. Sam? The whole idea seemed a bit half-baked from the get-go...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I suspect Conrad wanted out and they pitched this as a compromise to get him to stay. Something new to do. As soon as it goes back to Mel and Jim in a comfortable relationship, he'll probably become restless again.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's all on the table and Jim thinks Melinda is whacked. I guess Dr. Bird is going to go work on him now.

I like Eli. I think having an ability gives him an edge over the Jay Mohr character.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Plus, it came out today that he is privvy to special favors from JLH. :D

Good episode. After introducing other step-ins, I figured it was something that would carry over for several episodes. I wonder if we're to take it as an absolute fact that Bird crossed over. You'd think after finding out a near-death experience can bring your memories back, he would be even more determined to make it happen for himself. I wonder if Melinda can tell for sure that someone crossed and didn't just disappear.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm surprised we haven't discussed this show since Jim came back. I could have sworn we had, but the lack of posts suggests otherwise. Turns out it was a goofy little swerve. If the whole point was that Conrad was tired of playing the same character, he's now right back to it with the only consequence being that his work friends don't know he's back. Everyone else treats him like Jim and he acts like Jim. At this point, I wish he'd start having pains and his flesh would start stretching and morphing and he'd come out looking like Jim to everyone. "A person's body takes the form of its spirit. You couldn't remain as Sam, so your body changed." Something stupid like that, and let's put the whole thing behind us. Jim becomes Jim and he still goes to med school, which he was working on before he was killed anyway. Either that, or come back next season like it never happened. They barely made any reference to Sam at all tonight and they didn't show the actor, so maybe that's what they're planning.

Tonight's episode was pretty half-baked. The reason for the haunting was pretty lame and--since the guy meant well for everyone--it made even less sense than usual that the ghost wouldn't just be forthright with Melinda instead of acting all mysterious and making her do her detective work. Also, the idea that she'd been so worked up over Jim and Sam that she didn't notice she'd skipped her period for two months is just too much.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Also, I assumed that it had been months since Jim "died". Don't the towns folk that don't know find it strange her relationship with "Sam" after only 2 months?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They touched on that a little last episode, with Jim's paramedic buddies being pissed about Sam, but it still felt like there had been enough time that it wasn't that weird. The two month thing was to make it somewhat plausible that it could be completely Jim's baby, but it throws everything else off. Again, this storyline becomes a headscratcher now that Jim is back to normal with everyone except his buddies. "Everything's the same now, except everyone in town thinks they are a couple of putzes!"

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
My question is, when they introduce themselves, or are in public, what's gonna happen if she turns to him without thinking and say "Jim..."? I mean, how will he introduce himself:

"Hi, my name is Sam, but you can call me Jim."?

Also, wasn't his (Jim's) mother in the dark about her ability? Are they going to touch on that subject?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I'm still watching, but this show has pissed me off with the whole Jim died thing. The entire story line provided nothing to this show and in fact, has just been dodgy all along.

And now that "Melinda" is preggers, I am concerned about the potential lack of gratuitous JLH jiggly shots...

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Well, this Friday's doll house episode was pretty cool. This episode also confirmed that I am going to hate the whole pregnancy story arc.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I looked up Alexa Vega and she's 21 so yeah, she's hot.

I skipped out on the whole Twilight thing, so this episode was just kind of weird. I hope next week's season finale either ends with Jim getting his old look back or maybe even before the end.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The vampire angle left me cold, too. OTOH it is hard to find fault with anything that puts Gail O'Grady and JLH together. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks