What's new

Ghost Story/Circle Of Fear DVD release 5/1/2012 (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have watch many of the episodes and i am quite impressed with the series. I was too young to remember the show as a kid, but i totally enjoyed it now. I also have outer limits (old/new), twilight zone, night gallery, Thriller, etc. I love shows that play with your mind!! It is too bad spacecast.ca could not pick up this show.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Glad to hear you like it. If it wasn't DVD-r I'd own it already; not living in the US and having to be budget conscious means I put my limited $ on pressed first, often because I can find a few savings if I shop around.
I wonder if there's any hope for Hitchcock's Suspicion?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I just received this set in the mail a few days ago and the episodes have definitely been remastered. I watched the show in syndication in the late 1980s and the episodes never looked this good. You can see lots of details, and the colors are vibrant and pop. The titles are crystal clear.
Also, some of the episodes have promos, i.e. previews at the beginning, and the next week's coming attractions at the the end. These are basically a short montage of clips taken from the episodes similar to a theatrical trailer.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
The complete series was released on Blu Ray by Via Vision in 2020 with amazing picture quality. It's "All Region", despite what it says on the package about it being "Region B". I sent an email with the hope of getting the 1972 paranormal series "The Sixth Sense" on Blu Ray and was told my suggestion would be forwarded to the acquisitions department.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
The complete series was released on Blu Ray by Via Vision in 2020 with amazing picture quality. It's "All Region", despite what it says on the package about it being "Region B". I sent an email with the hope of getting the 1972 paranormal series "The Sixth Sense" on Blu Ray and was told my suggestion would be forwarded to the acquisitions department.
Thanks for the info, added to my shopping cart @ an online retailer (when I first saw your post here). I'm leaning toward not purchasing though, but it's tempting. I like the show but already have on DVD, which was very nice quality, and well, the show's a bit of a mixed bag. Production value is through the roof - this was movie quality done for TV. (Also that, now I've watched it a few years back, suspense will be lacking for many of the episodes). Guest stars include a lot of big names... Kind of a shame they ditched Sebastian Cabot as host midway with the format switch.

The first fourteen episodes aired as 'Ghost Story' in 1972 with the last one airing on December 22nd.
Episode 15 aired on January 5th 1973 and was the first 'Circle of Fear' episode.
So all 'Ghost Story' episodes are from 1972 and the nine 'Circle of Fear' episodes were all originally aired in 1973.

Some of the episodes seem to fall flat and some plots a bit hokey, but the main problem with the show was (though I don't think it was actually the case) the stories seem like they're taken from literature but not adapted for TV. At least that was my impression when viewing - that some of the endings would work well in a book, short story, or on radio but not so much on the small screen. At any rate, many reasons also I do like the show and would recommend for horror fans although it's a bit quirky. The show ended on a high note with an episode entitled, "The Phantom of Herald Square", featuring David Soul and Sheila Larkin at her appealing best.

phantom4.jpg

Circle%2Bof%2BFear_holly.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks