What's new

Ghost Hunters International (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
(I didn't see a thread in the search function - If I missed it, please move this)

I have been a fan of the original Ghost Hunters for a long time and so I also started watching GHI when it started up. I am very skeptical of "paranormal" stuff but I can at least appreciate the approach that Grant and Jason seem to take. They are focused on hard evidence in the original Ghost Hunters. But is now seems that lately the International one is starting to make me have seconds thoughts.

This season of Ghost Hunters International has suddenly become less about science and more about show. I blame the fact that it seems to be run by Barry. I don't have a real reason, but I just don't trust that man at all. I don't know if it is just my distrust of Barry, or the fact that the last few episodes have felt more fake than normal but I just would not be able to trust anything that GHI finds.

To make matters worse, the new trainee Susan is starting to make claims that she can "feel" spirits etc. This version of Ghost Hunters has changed from Finding Hard Evidence to "I feel light headed, like an entity is draining my energy". That is very sketchy. There is no way to convince me of anything by telling me you are a sensitive/medium etc.

I was wondering if anyone else is feeling the same way about the International version. If I find out the International one is uncovered as "cheating" would that make you distrust the original one as well?

Anyone else not trust Barry?

Anyone else mad that Kris left the original to go to the International one?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I like Barry but I think he's overly dramatic when he's encountering a paranormal event. Yeha, wish Kris had stayed with the Rhode Island team, By the way, that girl is ssssoooo hot! Did ya see the ep where they broke the news to her? Her friend there, name escapes me, didn't look all that happy that she was going.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just don't trust Barry for some reason. I have allways defended Ghost Hunters as beeing the only "paranormal" show on TV that is actually trying to find evidence and not just putting on a show. The first few seasons of Ghost Hunters International I felt the same way. But with Barry now in charge of GHI, I just don't feel the same way. It feels more like "Most Haunted" which was proven to be nothing but a hoax.

I have mixed feelings about Kris. I always thought she was cute enough, but her deciding to go work with Barry has me wondering. Plus, it looks like sometime in the last few years she has "augmented" herself and is always wearing makeup etc. She has gone from being a team member willing to run cables and get dirty, to someone who is worried about her looks.

And don't get me started on Susan. She needs to stop acting like a "sensitive" and get back to looking for hard evidence. I can't trust anything she says when it comes to what she is feeling. I don't think that she played this angle too much when she was in Ghost Hunters Academy. If she had, I don't think Jason and Grant would have picked her. They really don't like the Medium/Sensitive type of Ghost Hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks