What's new

Getting sound when using Netlix on Sony Bravia with Dongle and Receiver (1 Viewer)

I have a Sony Bravia TV KDL-46HX701 using the Sony Dongle and a Pioneer Receiver VSX -1020, Sony DVD and Time Warner Cable.

Everything is run thru the Receiver with HDMI cables. The Dongle with the USB plug is connected to the TV. When I click on the Netflix icon on the TV and make a selection, the movie starts but I have no sound. Do I need to run audio from the TV to the receiver with an optical cable or is there a way for the dongle to be run thru the receiver and then into the TV?? How do I get sound when using Netflix? Surround works great when playing DVD's or watching TV....it just won't work when watching Netflix. I want to be able to get sound from the surround sound speakers when using Netflix. Help?

safesinger

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sal
From what your saying your Netflix app is built in the TV so this would require you to either play the sound from the TV speakers or run audio output to your reciever.

If you have optical output on back of your TV set that will work fine and if you only have component audio out that can be used as well but would not produce 5.1 Digital surround sound. You would have to use Matrix surround or Dolby Prologic.

I have an optical output on the TV. Do I also plug into the optical on the receiver or do I use the audio input?? Thanks for your help.

Thanks so much, it's all working now. My only glitch now seems to be the Time Warner Box and their remote. It's so slow and it doesn't turn them on in the order really needed. Guess I'll check out the Harmony Remote.

safesinger

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sal
Do you mean the remote does not respond fast?

Most likely it's just the the software ( User Menu, Guide,Options..etc..etc) thats slow. Time Warner/BrightHouse thier user interface is not very great and mine was very slow as well even would lock up quite a bit. Only fix for this would be the Cable company updating the (GUI)=Graphical user Interface.

When you say it does not turn them on in order do you mean If you push power button on the remote control the Cable box will come on and the TV will go off type wrong order?

If that is the case I found the way to get around that is to make sure you push the TV button first on the controller then click the power button on the controller to turn on the TV.

Then after turning on the TV push the Cable button on the controller and then push the power button again on the remote to turn on the Cable box.

Originally Posted by Wanda Wyllie

Thanks so much, it's all working now. My only glitch now seems to be the Time Warner Box and their remote. It's so slow and it doesn't turn them on in the order really needed. Guess I'll check out the Harmony Remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks