1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting in the game!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tyson B, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Tyson B

Tyson B Member

Hey all!
    I recently decided to build a home theater as part of my basement build-out. Doing some on-line searches and stumbled across this forum. What a site! I plan to ask for advice as I go through the build and will chronicle my progress for the site. I have a rudamentary knowledge of HT (I worked in a stereo shop in college), but much has changed since I was in the game. Please bear with me and thanks in advance for your help!
    Tyson

2. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    Welcome to the forum, Tyson!

Basement buildouts are fun projects. You'll get a lot of solid advice from a bunch of really knowledgeable folks. Going front projection? 5.1 or 7.1? There are a lot of pro-DIY folks around here that can suggest lots of ways to save $$ and get the best value system based on your budget.

I'm sure I'll see you around the forums. Cheers!

3. Tyson B

Tyson B Member

Jason,
    Thanks for the welcome. Not sure how to link to other threads, but I have one started here that explains what I have planned. Take a look and tell me what you think!
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/322612/starter-questions#post_3954389