What's new

International German Releases In March - Prime Cut etc. (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
For those with Region free players like myself there are a few good titles coming out during Feb. / March in Germany:

Coogan's Bluff ( 1968 ) Koch Media Feb.20

Man Without A Star ( 1955 ) Alive Feb.28

Backlash ( 1956 ) Alive Feb.28

The Revengers ( 1972 ) Explosive Media March 7

Monte Walsh ( 1970 ) Explosive Media March 7

Prime Cut ( 1972 ) Explosive Media March 7

Violent City ( 1970 ) Alive March 14

Bedazzled ( 1967 ) Alive March 14

I hope to purchase all of them eventually, Explosive Media in particular seems to be bringing out nicely restored titles, such as the western Bandolero! which looks great.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
There's some good stuff released in Germany, but also some not so good stuff. Looking at Amazon Germany, I see the Blu-ray of the sixties movie Gambit is zoomed in from 'scope to 16:9, I thought that sort of thing was a thing of the past, esp. as a very nice HD 'scope version has been showing on UK TV. So best to read a report or two before ordering.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Paramount put out the DVD -- it was originally released theatrically by National General Pictures. I'm assuming they still have the rights. It would make a helluva Shout Factory title if they ever have another deal with Paramount (the way they did WALKING TALL).
Stephen_J_H said:
'Twould be nice if Warner released Prime Cut on BD, even if it was an Archive release.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Yes, but since Warner is handling an awful lot of Paramount titles from this era, and has several NGC titles in its own catalogue, more likely to be a Warner release than a Paramount one.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Brent Avery said:
For those with Region free players like myself there are a few good titles coming out during Feb. / March in Germany:

Coogan's Bluff ( 1968 ) Koch Media Feb.20
The Coogan's Bluff DVD is a grain storm. I'm interested to know what this BRD looks like.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Robin9 said:
The Coogan's Bluff DVD is a grain storm. I'm interested to know what this BRD looks like.
The question is: is it real grain, or is it digital noise?
If it's the latter, I hope they do/did something about it. Is it grain, I hope they keep their fingers away from the filters. :unsure:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
AshJW said:
The question is: is it real grain, or is it digital noise?
If it's the latter, I hope they do/did something about it. Is it grain, I hope they keep their fingers away from the filters. :unsure:
I don't know if it's grain or noise. What I do know is that film did not look like that when it was first released.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Any word yet on how any of these look? LOVE PRIME CUT and MONTE WALSH, so those are my top priorities.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks