What's new

George Pal films (1 Viewer)

Michael_Sim

Auditioning
I was wondering if there has been any news of the remaining films of George Pal being released on DVD. I've been looking forward to seeing -
  1. Houdini (1953)
  2. Atlantis, the Lost Continent (1961)
  3. The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm (1962)
  4. The Power (1968)
  5. Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze (1975)
- but nothing so far. Anyone has any indications yet?

Many thanks!
Michael

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Atlantis seems to have dissapeared. Its no longer shown even on Turner Movies. It woudl be great to have it remixed for stereo using the stereo music tracks recently released by Film score Monthly.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
At some interview, Warners said BROTHERS GRIMM was in bad shape and in need of a complete restoration which would be prohibitively expensive. I captured the last broadcast of the film, and the color was indeed very lackluster. A shame because I'd love to have it on a sparkling DVD copy.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
This is just idle speculation on my part, but when I asked about the DVD prospects of the non-Pal sci-fi film, THE GREEN SLIME (1968), in the recent WB chat, George Feltenstein said they were considering it for a possible Sci-Fi set. If such a set materializes in the near future, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw THE GREEN SLIME bundled together with THE POWER (1968), ATLANTIS THE LOST CONTINENT (1961), THE WILD WILD PLANET (1965) and one or two others (CAPTAIN NEMO & THE UNDERWATER CITY (1970)? THE ILLUSTRATED MAN (1969)? WORLD WITHOUT END (1956)?). Again, I'm just guessing here.

serenapowell

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Serena

So would I! That really is too bad. :frowning: It would've been nice if the movie came to DVD when interest probably would've been fueled by that recent remake...

Couldn't Warner license the film to some other company that might like to restore/release it? If they really don't think it's worth doing themselves, I wish they'd shop it around to Criterion or Kino or someone like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks