What's new

general sort of question (1 Viewer)

canu49

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Hancock
I just upgraded my system ( receiver and speakers) and was wondering which bluray title would really check it out. Thanks

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Anything by Pixar (my favorite is The Incredibles), Inception, and though it's not a great movie, the scenes near the end of Die Hard 4 (when McClain is driving the truck on the elevated freeway) have some AMAZING LFE (low frequency effects - bass). Other all-time faves of mine include Master and Commander (amazing surround effects that really make you look around the room) and Das Boot (I'm a sucker for submarine movies... depth charges galore)
Just about any modern action movie is going to have a lot of directional surround effects and LFE.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Another movie that will prove your set-up, if the movie is your speed... Immortal Beloved Yes, I know it isn't lossless(unless the movie has been redone...) But easily one of the best sweeping soundstracks you will ever hear. Curious Case of Benjamin button. You don't need artillery fire to give your speakers a workout.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks