What's new

Gemini Man - When will we get to relive this brilliant 70's TV classic? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I vaguely remember watching this as a kid & thought even though he only had a few seconds of invisibility each day, it was better than The Invisible Man.

I so wish it would come out on DVD so I could see if it's as good as I remember it.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I haven't thought of Gemini Man in ages! Produced in the days of digital watch infancy, I remember his being one of these simple Armitron-like timepieces with the red LED display, which he used to cloak himself for--what--15 minutes a day max? Silly, to be sure, but as a kid I liked it.

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
they had a question asking what short lived programs deserve a chance on dvd and gemini man was one of the programs i put down

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
It was indeed 15 minutes. Apparently if he exceeded the 15 minutes there would be dire consequences (I forgot what, either death or permanent invisibility). There was one episode where he was landing a jumbo jet and had gotten into the pilot's chair while invisible (something to do with fighting off hijackers I guess), was wrestling with the controls all the way down, and hence couldn't turn off the invisibility, then on the bumpy landing he passed out/was knocked out, so his handlers were rushing in and trying to find his wrist to turn off the watch before the 15 minute limit.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve

I think the watch on Gemini Man was LCD not LED. I know, I know - nitpicking!

I loved this show and really wish it and other series would be released. There have been a lot of threads here about old series you would like to see on DVD. Brings back some great memories.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I saw the pilot movie for Gemini Man, and I didn't care for it. It was just your typical 1970s action-adventure story with the invisibility gimmick thrown in. David McCallum was more fun to watch in his version of "The Invisible Man" and even that show was lame.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

It's a Universal property, so unless this series is included in their current list of sub-license "feelers", the chances are very slim.

Mary_P

Second Unit
My feeling about this exactly. Universal has so *much* in its back catalog that hasn't been released; I'd think "Gemini Man" would be pretty low on the list.

I'd love to see one of Ben Murphy's other Universal series, "Alias Smith & Jones," released, and I think that may have a somewhat better chance, as the series was remastered recently for a run on Encore's Westerns channel. I hope that'll come out on DVD one of these days too, but given how slow Universal's been with series of that era, I'm not holding my breath.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
A couple of episodes of this series were put together as a "feature" and shown on Mystery Science Theater 3000. I remember being excited since I was a fan of this short-lived program during its original run...but quickly found out that it was very "formula" and didn't hold up for me at all.

The MST3K guys had a field-day.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter

LCD, LED, M-O-U-S-E... ;)

I'm reminded of the early Saturday Night Live commercial spoof for the Chromega III wristwatch. "It's like asking a stranger for the time!" :laugh:

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I remember Bill Bixby's character on The Magician had the red LED type watch. I thought it was so cool. I had to go out and buy one for myself. (A very cheap one, of course). It got to be a real nuisance having to push a button every time you wanted the time.

It was still cool, though. :)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

So THAT'S how I ended up with a red LED watch when I was 9! :)

I remember wanting those Bill Bixby mirrored sunglasses when I was 7 and that it was a huge deal when I got them because they were obscenely expensive at $5.00! Even though one of the ear-thingies broke off, I still have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks