What's new

Geez, when is the next wave of HD-DVD releases coming? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Walter,

Thanks for that list. Excellent find!

Right now, I'd be VERY happy with The Wizard Of Oz, Bonnie & Clyde
and The Exorcist

I could be wrong, but Batman and The Wild
Bunch
were also available earlier, I think. They were the
first batch of titles I bought with my DVD player.

Look, as I said, one man's trash is another's treasure. Those of us
with nothing exciting to watch will be rewarded very shortly, I am certain.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Ron,

Lack of content is one reason I am not buying an HD DVD player at this time (price and quality of Blu-ray has to improve before I even consider it). Yes, there are several HD DVD titles which have my interest, but I need more than just a few titles.

I'm hoping by next year things will have changed and I can buy a second generation player (possibly universal player).

P.S. With all of the standard DVD re-releases which have taken place with many titles, it's amazing some of those titles on Walter's list have not been re-released yet!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Dave - No kidding. :) ( referring to re-releases )

I sure wish that Warner Bros. would have re-released Bridges of Madison County in 16x9 widescreen sometime during the intervening years. Who knows, maybe an HD version that finally gets it right will be released. (???)

- Walter.

John_McKittrick

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one who finds this topic..... a bit weird??

If anyone should know days and dates for anything it should be you Ron. And you should definately know by now that Rome wasn't built in a day.

I guess all the SW films should've been released at launch with the format too.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
In Jan, Feb, March, April, and as late as May HD DVD had/has said 200 titles by the end of the year. I don't think and most likely no one else thought there would be a hundred titles by now. Just maybe fifty and surely (DCMS) the titles that were seen on the HD DVD demo disc, by now.
I'm sure there is an argument that one should be happy, to like or to have, five to ten of the 30+ titles that have been released, so far.
I would also hope people would understand that buyers of the format would want...
MORE!!! ;-)

Walter,
Thanks for the list.
May '97 does the argument 'good' for "be patient". However, June, July, & August will be tough for HD DVD to match in it's third, fourth, & fifth months of release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks