What's new

Gas prices go below $1.00 (1 Viewer)

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I just noticed as I came into work today that the prices for regular unleaded at two stations here in Atlanta are $0.97; anybody else seen big reductions in prices where they live?
Is this a function of oversupply/underdemand or are the oil companies pricing low to encourage commerce?
------------------
hfb.jpg

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I read a Larry Kudrow article a while back stating Russia has increased it's oil exports by 500,000 barrels per day. They may increase another 350,000 per day soon !
Here's a soundbite from it:
News reports have suggested that Secretary of State Colin Powell secured a pledge from the Saudis that they would make up for any oil-supply shortfalls, and that OPEC has been rampantly cheating on its production quotas all year long. In addition, the global economic slump has significantly lowered oil demand.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Dang, I have yet to see that in West Los Angeles. Our gas prices have dropped, though. 89 octane is about $1.60 as compared with $1.80 just a few weeks ago. Is this drop recent? The price I quoted was from about 5 days ago. Maybe I'll drive by the Chevron and see what's up.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Holy ... It went down in NY from $1.65 to like $1.45 ... which I though was great
$.97 ... we will never see this here
------------------
RIGHT ... CHEERS!
The Hole

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Gas prices here (well, at the gas station I frequent at least) dropped 10 cents from last week. It's now $1.39 for 89 octane, probably about $0.10 lower for 87. Good thing too, because we bought one of those damn gas-guzzling SUV's last week... (anyone who has read my tirades against them before, feel free to mock me... but I bought it under protest! :))
/Mike

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Prices have been falling in traditionally high-priced southeastern Michigan, too. However, prices in the more rural northern Michigan area are not falling nearly as much. I filled up last weekend in SE MI at $1.43 a gallon for premium, then travelled to my parent's place in northern MI. Gas prices were $.30 a gallon more expensive, and did not drop for the entire four days I was there.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Carlo, just go to your nearest Exxon station (Santa Monica Blvd?) -- they'll likely have the lowest going rate for gas in the neighborhood. (Though gas in LA will fall below the $1.00 mark when pigs fly....)
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
We're at $1.29 here, but some radio stations have been running a $.99/gallon promotion all week. Not too bad, considering how much of our price is tax.
biggrin.gif

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Right now here its cheap. Sitting at 56.9 cents/litre. Last week, it was more around 70-75 cents/litre.
Yah it sure is great coming from a oil producing province and paying outrageous prices
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Right now here its cheap. Sitting at 56.9 cents/litre. Last week, it was more around 70-75 cents/litre.
Yah it sure is great coming from a oil producing province and paying outrageous prices
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

brentl

Senior HTF Member
We're sitting at 63.5 ... so about $1.60 U.s. a gallon( U.s. gallon)
As for MickeS ..... can you say WHIPPED?? knew ya could.
What a sad day
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Julie K

Screenwriter
$1.37 in Santa Clarita, CA.
just go to your nearest Exxon station (Santa Monica Blvd?) -- they'll likely have the lowest going rate for gas in the neighborhood.
My local Exxon is also the cheapest around. The local Ultramar lost that title some months ago and are now around $.02 higher.
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"
[Edited last by Julie K on October 17, 2001 at 09:31 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks