What's new

Gandhi (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I have yet to watch the copy I purchased on Saturday but there is a very good (as usual) review with captures over at DVD Beaver. Looking forward to seeing it this week on the pj. Glad to see more great older films making it to Blu ray. I only wish Fox would lower their prices to what Sony is selling Gandhi and other titles for.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
After watching Gandhi today I have to say it looks very good (128" screen) - very film like with nice detail. Some scenes were softer looking but I think they were mostly intentional. Anyone familiar with The Sand Pebbles as an example of film making it to blu ray as one would more or less see it in a theater will be thankful Sony has given us another great movie that looks like it should. Close ups are excellent as well. All in all a worthy addition.

RDarrylR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Darryl
This Blu-ray looks very, very good IMO. As mentioned it is impressive like The Sand Pebbles looks.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the BD title that this looks most like to my eyes is A Passage To India.

Some scenes show fine film grain, some are soft focus, and then some are startlingly clear and "window like" as though they were scanned from large-format elements.

Very impressive. Very, very film-like.

RDarrylR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Darryl
Yes it reminded me of A Passage To India as well which I also own. I think Gandhi has more detail and less grain than both A Passage To India and The Sand Pebbles though.

I'm just glad we're getting these really good movies with really good quality on Blu-ray. I'm hoping the studios continue to give us these even if they don't sell that well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks