1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gaming TV newbie owner.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by darkhalopark, Aug 21, 2011.

1. darkhalopark

darkhalopark Auditioning

Hello everyone i'm looking at buying a new 37inch tv and would appreciate your help. Budget : $800 probably as high as $900. Size: 37 inches, the 32 is a little too small and the 40 is too big, the screen is going to be stuck between my door on one side and my computer screen on the other. What I'm doing with it: Video gaming almost exclusively (95% of the using time) Movies,TV shows, for the rest of the time. Components: Xbox 360, computer ( atlernate screen for RTS mostly wich help a lot) and a bluRay so 3 HDMI hookup a least. I don't know a lot about TV (LCD, LED, PLASMA), I have an HD ready philips 26inch wich was nice for all those 5 years but I feel like it's time to change, from what I see at some other place. I'm really not looking for a 3D TV, if it is in the TV then fine but I won't speend more money for that feature. Could you help me find a nice LCD maybe LED 37 inch for my use with a nice response time for gaming, thank you very much, i'm really into the panasonic one the seem's nice ? What do you think ?

2. dmiller68

dmiller68 Supporting Actor

David Miller
    Here are a couple options.

On the lower side I like Vizio (I have two year old version of this TV)

http://www.vizio.com/via-hdtvs/xvt373sv.html

I really like Panasonic TV's right now esp thier Plasmas. It looks like they may have LED or LCD's in your range. Looks like the cheapest plasma is in the $1000 range.

3. darkhalopark

darkhalopark Auditioning

Well, my dad has a few Vizio and I just don't like this brand, the remote suck after 2 years, ths light that stay on at night that lit up your entire room is just horrible, and the image itself is not very good. I'm really not looking at a plasma do you have any LCD LED that you can suggest me ?

4. darkhalopark

darkhalopark Auditioning

I found this screen is it any good ? Panasonic TX-LF37E30