What's new

GAME: Guess an upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Love this game! Can't wait for next title! Make it harder please
Thanks. Sure, we want to make it harder. This was an experiment.

Let us know ways you think we can jazz up this game so that it won't
take less than an hour to guess the title.

I am certain Twilight Time will give us other upcoming titles to tease
you with.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I agree with Foxy that there are too many folks on this forum that can ask very good questions. For this crowd, this is almost like asking Sheldon which fictional character he's pretending to be: "Are you Spock?" :D

Perhaps the rules should include:
Can't ask which studio and lead actor;
Moderator reserves the right to withhold information based on his judgment.

Maybe a list of questions that can't be asked until it has turned into a brain stumper and you need to make it easier.

Perhaps you could experiment with movies that aren't being released to TT to fine tune the rules.

BTW, does the winner get anything beyond one "attaboy"?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sorry to spoil the fun. Russell hasnt really dont that many (if any other) Columbia movies.
You didn't spoil the fun. We wanted someone to guess it.

Although Foxy Mulder guess Kurt Russell, I was hoping my "incorrect" answer would steer
questions another way. He came so close.

Perhaps the rules should include:
Can't ask which studio and lead actor;
Moderator reserves the right to withhold information based on his judgment.

Twilight Time is only releasing Fox and Columbia titles, as far as I know, so right
there it makes the guessing that much easier.

I tried to answer the lead actor question without giving the exact answer.

Like the reserve the right to withhold information. I may try that.

Yeah, it's tough with members who are so immersed in film as is to make this
an interesting game.

Still up for more suggestions as we really want to do this again.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Ronald Epstein said:
I will be a bit ominous here. Let me say that he is an American Composer and arranged/conducted two Frank Sinatra albums
Ahhh yes...Patrick Williams and Dennis McCarthy (uncredited) for score. But too late to the gate. Next time, I hope you go further back and (much) deeper catalogue Mr. Epstein.

BTW, has the inevitable board gone up yet (here or elsewhere) carping about TT holding another Columbia 80s title hostage for the next 3 years? As well as when Region B will have a barebones version cheaper? ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Funny. Didn't take long for the other site to steal our exclusive and post
the information without giving us credit.

I do hope it's not one of our members doing this. We don't care if you repost
it, but give us credit for the news instead of passing it off as your personally obtained i
nformation.

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator
What if the members can't ask questions, but rather Mr. Epstein release one obscure clue per day until we have a winner. However that would make the thread a little dull if the members are only allowed one guess. Perhaps three guesses and then you're out?

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Ronald Epstein said:
I do hope it's not one of our members doing this. We don't care if you repost
it, but give us credit for the news instead of passing it off as your personally obtained i
nformation.
Just checked the other site, and the HTF source credit/link is there in the OP, but underneath a Spoiler tag. Could've been a MOD-deflector choice...

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Ron, too bad Shout isn't giving you something to work with like this, because who knows what they have or are planning. :)

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
larryKR said:
What if the members can't ask questions, but rather Mr. Epstein release one obscure clue per day until we have a winner. However that would make the thread a little dull if the members are only allowed one guess. Perhaps three guesses and then you're out?
That's a great idea.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just checked the other site, and the HTF source credit/link is there in the OP, but underneath a Spoiler tag. Could've been a MOD-deflector choice...
Yes, easy to miss. Missed it the first time I was informed of it. That was probably the intention. Oh well, appreciate the credit no matter how prominent (or not) that it is. Apologies and thanks to the other site.
What if the members can't ask questions, but rather Mr. Epstein release one obscure clue per day until we have a winner.
That's not a bad idea.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
ROclockCK said:
So you are saying the mods on another board won't allow credit be given to other sites? I'm going to be pushy and ask what $#?!#% site this is.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Johnny Angell said:
So you are saying the mods on another board won't allow credit be given to other sites? I'm going to be pushy and ask what $#?!#% site this is.
No, they just don't like people linking to other sites for some reason. They really hate it if you link to other sites reviews.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Of course they do. I could tell you stories, oh, yes, I could tell you stories, but decorum forbids. :) Even though I don't really post there anymore, I was just banned because I wrote a little blog about home theater enthusiasts - somehow I guess they took it as being all about them :) Banned without even making a post - that must be a first, I think.

As to guessing upcoming Twilight Time titles, I'm afraid I can't play because I know most of them :)

BTW, we do these little guessing game things with our CD releases on the film score board - they're fun. Until someone actually guesses the title, I never really give away anything too much. I say, "interesting guess" or "cold" or "hot" and I'll certainly give away the decade, but I never get too specific. People still tend to guess more quickly than I'd think possible, but it does go on longer than when you actually confirm specific clues too specifically.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
haineshisway said:
Of course they do. I could tell you stories, oh, yes, I could tell you stories, but decorum forbids. :) Even though I don't really post there anymore, I was just banned because I wrote a little blog about home theater enthusiasts - somehow I guess they took it as being all about them :) Banned without even making a post - that must be a first, I think.

As to guessing upcoming Twilight Time titles, I'm afraid I can't play because I know most of them :)
I can beat that, i was banned after just seventeen minutes because i was "AVS forum member FoxyMulder" - i'm also banned at AVS forum and AVforums, not because i'm a disruptive member or anything, i actually asked for my account to be cancelled at both the latter sites due to their restrictive policies and their overbearing moderator rules which i disagreed with, instead of deleting the account they simply banned me, not what i wanted as they get to keep all my former posts.

I'd say keep the quiz formula which allows us to ask one question but tighten up the rules on what can be asked.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Maybe yes or no questions without specifics such as the year, the actors names, plot.Maybe you could ask, is it a comedy.....yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks