What's new

Game (3 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
My random guess for the day, Sweet Bird of Youth (1962). It's MGM, written by Richard Brooks (who was a director too), Geraldine Page plays Alexandra De Lago which sounds Italian to my ears.

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
Neil Middlemiss said:
My random guess for the day, Sweet Bird of Youth (1962). It's MGM, written by Richard Brooks (who was a director too), Geraldine Page plays Alexandra De Lago which sounds Italian to my ears.
Actually it's now at Warner, so no.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Ken Koc said:
Bruce you have not commented on EXODUS.
Apologies Ken. I actually did comment. Then I turned off the computer, went to bed, and now poof. Long story short, no. Knowing TT and Preminger, this is certainly a possibility. One day.

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
That first clue, talk of Joanne Woodward had me thinking of multiple personalities, but since Three Faces of Eve has just been released, I'll take a wild stab for Sybil. Unseen by me, I can only speculate as to how it fits in with the clues. It features Woodward, and scored by Oscar Winner Leonard Rosenman, I don't believe he has any other TT credits.
Yeah, it's a TV movie, but a well regarded one, is it beneath Twilight Time to release it? According to IMDB, MGM/UA holds the video rights.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
JohnMor said:
Guess: The Long Hot Summer

Reasoning: "The Fugitive Kind" = Joanne Woodward, "Spaghetti sauce" = Paul Newman, "It all comes out in the wash" = the scene with the dirty rug Joanne tells Paul he has to clean, "Richard Brooks directed 'too'" = Brooks directed "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" the same year, which also deals with a Southern family ruled by a larger than life patriarch living in the same house and which also starred Newman. Not quite sure how clue #2 fits, but I'm going with it anyway.
Hmmm. Fairly sound. I'm glad people get The Fugitive Kind (1959) import. Notice I put the "too" in quotes. That is significant. Does it resemble a different three letter word? Back to Summer (1958), on the face this is the answer. Yet it isn't.

lawrencews

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry S.
Is it Paris Blues?

Duke Ellington is the composer. Should be new to TT.

Co-stars Joanne Woodward. The tie-in to The Fugitive Kind.

Paul Newman is the Method Actor and the spagetti sauce.

Richard Brooks directed "TWO"----Sydney Potier in The Blackboard Jungle and Newman in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

Also: Paris Blues was a UA release.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Okay, there's one for today: The Defiant Ones

Clue 1: "The Fugitive Kind"
Clue 2: Sydney Poitier sings unassisted, "walking the line" referring to the character's feelings toward the other
Clue 3: Richard Brooks directed Sydney Poitier "too" in two films.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
schan1269 said:
I'm thinking the "Italian muse" is a red herring. I'm looking for concubinage of actresses by Italian directors...(obviously I don't mean it literally)
For a second I thought it meant One Touch of Venus, but that's Universal.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
JoHud said:
Okay, there's one for today: The Defiant Ones

Clue 1: "The Fugitive Kind"
Clue 2: Sydney Poitier sings unassisted, "walking the line" referring to the character's feelings toward the other
Clue 3: Richard Brooks directed Sydney Poitier "too" in two films.
I'm going to build on that, Bibi Andersson was in Quintet with Paul Newman,and with Poitier in my guess-

Duel At Diablo (1965)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Disappointed that this isn't Long Hot Summer which would be a great TT title.

Today's question: Exclusive of food endorsements, did any of the principal performers find substantial success outside of acting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks