What's new

Game (3 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Apologies everyone. Life intervened. One moment on the daily update.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Wait. Nevermind. I keep forgetting about Pacific Time. T-minus 2 hours.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
JoHud said:
Using the clues and process of elimination through previous guesses in this thread (and prodded by wishful thinking), I'm thinking it might be Five Miles to Midnight (1962)?
You have the right idea. MGM/UA, "an Italian muse", a method actor. Close but no cigar.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
EdG said:
The 2nd clue has got me really puzzled but I'll take a guess anyway. How to Murder Your Wife(1965).
A fine try. I long for more Lemmon. Alas no.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Ken Koc said:
It sure sounds like BUONA SERA MRS CAMPBELL but thats a UA film...and you said it was a Sony....hmmmm
Ken. Let me clarify. Whenever anyone guesses a possible TT title, I always list that company as a yay or nay. I'm apt to say, "This is a Sony" or "This is MGM/UA." Its a qualifier nothing more.Back to Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell (1968), no dice. Sorry Ken.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Okay.
Clue #1: The Method, an Italian muse, Spaghetti sauce, it all comes out in the wash.

Clue #2: Poor Marni Nixon… he “walked the line.”

Clue #3: Richard Brooks directed “too.”

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Matt Hough said:
Richard's guess was so good that it made me think of another with some similar clues: Exodus.
One hopes and dreams for more of the masters. With Tristese (1958) under their belt, TT is more likely to repeat. Maybe not now, but down the road..

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
We have our first tie. These two essentially ask the same question. Even if they don’t realize it.
Hasslein said:
My question for the day, (I don't expect it to get answered) so Brando and Magnani are two of the answers to the clue, but neither are in the film? Rules say not to ask about actors in film, I'm asking about actors not in the film. :P
As you may have guessed, my hints have several things happening at once. Clue #1 refers to two films. Not one. Okay. There's your answer.

ROclockCK said:
My question for the day: "Which two?" :rolleyes:
You again? Okay. Here's my revised version.

"Spaghetti sauce" = Newman's Own, as in the one and only Paul Leonard N or wife.
Poor Marni Nixon…he “walked the line" = Newman - or another male character - singing undubbed"

There is one thing I'd still remove. But no one's perfect.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Here are yesterday’s unanswered questions. Feel free to ask again

Schan1269:“I love the "poor Marni" hint.

How many movies did she sing in an not get "direct" credit for...??? (that is my question for the day...however...it may not be answerable..at all)”

JohnMor:“Was the screenplay based on material from another medium?”battlebeast:“Is it a Spaghetti Western?”

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Guess: The Long Hot Summer

Reasoning: "The Fugitive Kind" = Joanne Woodward, "Spaghetti sauce" = Paul Newman, "It all comes out in the wash" = the scene with the dirty rug Joanne tells Paul he has to clean, "Richard Brooks directed 'too'" = Brooks directed "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" the same year, which also deals with a Southern family ruled by a larger than life patriarch living in the same house and which also starred Newman. Not quite sure how clue #2 fits, but I'm going with it anyway.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Seems a little too straightforward, but ill guess Sweet Bird of Youth.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
As much as I want John's choice to be correct, if this release marks the first appearance in TT's collection by the Composer, then it can't be The Long Hot Summer, which was scored by the multi-entry Alex North (Bite the Bullet, Désirée, The Sound and the Fury, and Pony Soldier). If my guess is correct, this would mark the first appearance by composer Cyril J. Mockridge in TT's collection.

Not sure I can fit the rest of the clues, although Leo McCarey wrote and directed the other Woodward/Newman co-starrer from '58, just as Brooks did for many - if not most - of his films.

I'm guessing: Rally 'Round the Flag Boys from Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks