What's new

Game (3 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Wow..."Wild At Heart"...never in a million years would I have guessed that Twilight Time had gotten their hands on this David Lynch film!!! This third stage of the contest turned out to be a real mind-twister...like the movie itself!!! :P

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
lukejosephchung said:
Wow..."Wild At Heart"...never in a million years would I have guessed that Twilight Time had gotten their hands on this David Lynch film!!! This third stage of the contest turned out to be a real mind-twister...like the movie itself!!! :P
That was the point. Lynch really did turn it into a linchpin. It seemed appropriate and also this film is known to many of you. Anything much more specific like Sean demonstrated, and this would have been lights out on Day 1.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I thought the French of this(even though subtitles are forced) was uncut.

Weirdly, there are versions labeled 16 and 18...some from the same country.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Okay.Clue #1: Nicholas Cage was a huge fan of Brando in Lumet's The Fugitive Kind (1959). Cage deliberately wore his own snakeskin jacket in Wild as his own shout out to the earlier film. "In the wash" was a tie to clothing. Valentine 'Snakeskin' Xavier's snakeskin jacket and Cage's own was the tie I was looking for.Clue #2: This one is pretty much understood. Nicholas Cage did own his own singing of Presley standards in this. Walk the Line (2005) and Marni Nixon made that pretty plain. Only the "he" remained elusive.Clue #3:This also was pretty much revealed. Richard Brooks directed two films based on Tennessee Williams. Also the film's title and Dern and Ladd themselves are related to the author. Williams' play Stairs to the Roof has the subtitle "A prayer for the wild at heart, trapped in cages" and the ladies are distant cousins.Clue #4: Franciosa, Forsythe, Parks, and Presley were all co-stars of Ann Margaret within a 3 year span. This was an attempt to bring Elvis to the forefront since Cage and Lynch went all-in with Presley in the film.Clue #5: The winning clue. Both Laura Dern and Crispin Glover were related to Bruce Glover and Diane Ladd. Yes Ladd is also in Wild at Heart. This would have eventually become its own clue.Clue #6: Typical in Lynch, a character disappears. In this case, Marietta Fortune played by Diane Ladd. She leaves the film. Billie Burke a.k.a. The Good Witch of the North from The Wizard of Oz (1939) also makes an appearance. The "lady vanishes" and a Wizard of Oz connection. This was my attempt at a dead give away.Clue #7: Anyone who owns TT's Experiment in Terror (1962) knows what I mean. Or they will. The baddie of the piece was named Garland Humphrey 'Red' Lynch. His victim lived on Twins Peaks road on a dead end street. The producer of Wild at Heart Monty Montgomery was going to direct until Lynch read the script and fell in love. Something David warned Monty might happen once he read it.All right, there you go. If you have any more questions, by all means ask. And again, thanks for playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks