What's new

GAME (2 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Here are yesterday’s unanswered questions. Feel free to re-ask. Noach’s question falls into tomorrow’s questions. One of you owned today’s slot till the last possible moment.
sleroi:

“You said TT doesn't release films already released in region A, so, has this film already been released as a region free blu?”Steve…O:“Question: is this an original screenplay or was it adapted from a prior work?
ROclockCK:“Is this an acquisition via TT's Protagonist/Film4 deal?
EDIT: Ooops, I think that might be an illegal question.”
Schan1269:

“Can we have a year?I'll even open up to the obtuseness of the clues...Actor/actress born(or hell, died)Writer born or died.If based on a book...when it was published.I've tried every permutation of "grant" including trying to find if any war crimes statutes are called grants. Tried land grant for movies based on westward expansion. None tie to Eszterhas. Tried Cecil "lore" movies of serial killers. None make it to Eszterhas.”

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
BPullen said:
The question chosen was asked by SWIFF.

Yes. The lead did win one. And yes, the lead was nominated. In fact, expand your question.
I plan to. I'll come up with something more on this tomorrow. If someone doesn't beat me to it. This particular line of question might actually lead to something I think.

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
My question:
Could this film be considered a star making vehicle for any of the actors, director or writer, or considered a come-back for someone labeled "box office poison" a la what Pulp Fiction did for Travolta?

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
My guess:
The Hospital
Studio is United Artists
Starring Oscar Winner George C. Scott
Directed by Arthur Hiller, who also directed Esztheras' An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn (as Alamo Smithee)

I've only seen this film once probably 20 years ago, but I remember it dealing with questionable medical ethics (topics touched on in Reitman's Twins and Junior), money issues (Grant is on the 50 dollar bill), and being set in a hospital, ladies get chopped up all the time.

I have no idea about the rest.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
BPullen said:
The question chosen was asked by SWIFF.

Yes. The lead did win one. And yes, the lead was nominated. In fact, expand your question.
I'm guessing that the lead won the award for this role, based on this response. I don't know how it fits in with the clues, but I'm going to guess Marty.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well, Reitmans "Ghostbusters" had the subplot of Rick Moranis being possessed by the dog demon, so I'm going to guess The Shaggy Dog.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
seangood79 said:
My guess:
The Hospital
Studio is United Artists
Starring Oscar Winner George C. Scott
Directed by Arthur Hiller, who also directed Esztheras' An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn (as Alamo Smithee)

I've only seen this film once probably 20 years ago, but I remember it dealing with questionable medical ethics (topics touched on in Reitman's Twins and Junior), money issues (Grant is on the 50 dollar bill), and being set in a hospital, ladies get chopped up all the time.

I have no idea about the rest.
Now THIS is more like it. MGM/UA, a Reitman connection, Grant "has a cameo of sorts." This is awful close. Heck you even have chopping and Eszterhas. I feel like Gary Busey in Point Blank (1991) when he tries to surf on the counter. This isn't it. But great work.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Ethan Riley said:
Well, Reitmans "Ghostbusters" had the subplot of Rick Moranis being possessed by the dog demon, so I'm going to guess The Shaggy Dog.
Again, thinking outside the box. You have the right idea with the subplot. The Shaggy Dog (2006) is owned by Disney. So negative. Strangely there's something about this which ties to everyone's favorite clue from yesterday.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Question about this TT release: "Has this title previously been released on Region 1 DVD?"

Question about game process: "After this round Bruce, will you, or the HTF, be offering intervention therapy and/or drugs to scrub Joe Eszterhas from our collective consciousness?" :blink:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I may be off base here but I take clue #6 to mean that Lawrence Tierney was considered for a role (assumes that this is an older film). If correct, that would suggest that the film needed a heavy. My question for today: Does criminal activity play a major role in the plot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks