What's new

GAME (2 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Okay.

Clue 1: The Grant of the 20th has a cameo of sorts.

Clue 2: Joe Eszterhas comes again.

Clue 3: The man who chopped the lady gets unflattering treatment.

Clue 4: A player from a new world starts over with Cecil’s delight. E

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
The question chosen was asked by ROclockCK.
ROclockCK said:
"Which of the following best describes the clue 'Joe Eszterhas comes again': occupation, personification, metaphor, extended metaphor, simile, allusion, illusion, or outright delusion?"
I’ll take four or five of them Alex. Minus any “delusion” or razzle dazzle. Questioning is not enough. Not for this group. Ron said himself, “We want you guys to come up with creative questions.” To be creative, you must first try to solve something. I’ve tried to provide that. There is a fact underneath. Something which connects. The last episode of…

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Here are yesterday’s unanswered questions. Feel free to re-ask. I may if this persists compile all questions into a master post at some later date. Depending on how long this lasts.

sleroi:

“Could the title of this film also be attributed to George Gershwin?”
Schan1269:“Here is my question....
Ensemble piece...or a single character driven movie?”
Power&Pressburger:

“Were there any lawsuits regarding the casting of the film?”

JohnMor:“QUESTION: Is it set in a decade other than the one in which it was filmed?”

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Request for clarification (hope this doesn't count as an official question): Is the 'E' at the end of your last clue post a typo, or is it meaningful?

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Please keep asking questions. I can only pick one per day. I'm apt to answer the least helpful question or the one already outed or needing clarification. Still if there's several good questions and no weak ones...

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Aaron Silverman said:
Request for clarification (hope this doesn't count as an official question): Is the 'E' at the end of your last clue post a typo, or is it meaningful?
It could be meaningful. If the game lasts long enough. Any more clarifications on this will count as a question.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I'm sorry to be a party pooper, but this is getting more tedious and less fun, so I'll bow out now. :(​ Have fun guys. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
I'm with JohnMor on this one. This game is slowly turning into a torture. At this point, it seems like this game will last forever. People get more confused with each next clue. I'm out as well. Good luck though.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Cant win, the last time this game was done it was too easy now its too hard.Plus I think the only reason someone guessed the one the other day is because it was already a rumored release so someone already new.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've not made heads or asses(forget tails) from this clue. But here is my stretch....L'inconnu du Lac (also says what I think of this clue)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
L'inconnu du Lac

Is that the one about the knight whose foolin' around led to the downfall of the Kingdom, but who managed to preserve the Union?

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
You said TT doesn't release films already released in region A, so, has this film already been released as a region free blu?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Question: is this an original screenplay or was it adapted from a prior work?

donidarko

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Donnie
Amy Grant of 20th century fox records? Cameo made in "SPEECHLESS" 1994? MGM owned film. Both played speech writers? Was Joe a speechwriter?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Can we have a year?I'll even open up to the obtuseness of the clues...Actor/actress born(or hell, died)Writer born or died.If based on a book...when it was published.I've tried every permutation of "grant" including trying to find if any war crimes statutes are called grants. Tried land grant for movies based on westward expansion. None tie to Eszterhas. Tried Cecil "lore" movies of serial killers. None make it to Eszterhas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks