What's new

Gallipoli: 2-Disc Anniversary Edition (Australia R4) (1 Viewer)

John Lloyd

Second Unit
Thanks for the update about a great film.

On a slightly different topic, I noticed this:

Great Films Not on DVD
The Passenger | The Conformist | Robinson Crusoe on Mars | Until the End of the World | Nightmare Alley | Bad Ronald | Ace in the Hole | Ikarie XB-1 | If... | O, Lucky Man! | The Innocents | The Tall T | The Heart is a Lonely Hunter | Sometimes a Great Notion | The Tarnished Angels | The Milky Way | Viridiana | Satantango | The Reflecting Skin | 1900 | Brewster McCloud | Make Way for Tomorrow | Greed | Gance's Napoleon | The Cat Wore Sunglasses | Becket | Lacombe Lucien | Patterns | Reds | Blast of Silence | Steel Helmet | Providence | Pretty Poison | Brewster McCloud | Compulsion | Prince of the City | Early Frederick Wiseman documemtaries | All of Peter Watkins' films | Kenneth Angers films

You have listed "Brewster McCloud" twice in your list.

Forgive me if I am being overly pedantic.

John

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad I'm not alone in loving Gallipoli. Amazing, pure, devastating film. Weir at his best. And proof that Mel Gibson is a damn fine actor when his ego doesn't get in the way.

Yeah, my list includes Altman's eccentric masterpiece twice, but, yes it is worth mentioning twice, until Warner get the message. Thieves Like Us, however, is out in the UK on June 20th: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...240404-3167868

Another film on that list, Wim Wenders' mesmerizing epic, Until the End of the World (Bis ans Ende der Welt) is out in Germany May 24th: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...603401-3393346
It's the full-length version and includes the deleted scenes.

There is an Italian version available, but this edition is much more affordable at 18 Euros

JohnTRU

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking as an Aussie who doesn't really like the films made by our film industry - I have to say that this is easily my favourite Aussie film, perfect in every regard...

To say I'm happy it's coming out is an understatement.

Manus

Second Unit
Just got mine today. Looks very nice. Got a few nice sets from Oz recently , Picnic at Hanging Rock,Muriels Wedding, Priscilla QOTD and The Corporation documentary.

To hell with Regional Coding ;)

M

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Another great Australian film of the '70's, 'Don's Party', has just been released in a good anamorphic transfer with a 100 minute making of documentary and 1 hr interview with David Williamson. Australia certainly doesn't make films like this anymore, more's the pity (although Lantana came close a few years back).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks