What's new

G4 TV gaming award show tonight (1 Viewer)

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
Howdy!

I have recently discovered that I had a digital cable channel called G4 that I had never seen before. It turns out to be a TV channel dedicated to video games. They have a show with video game news, cheats, reviews, and other fun stuff. I am wondering how long this channel has been around with me just not knowing about it?

I have always thought myself up on TV but I feel like I dropped the ball not knowing about this channel, it is surprizingly addictive. They have a show called Icon's that focus's on a person or company and then does a half hour about them. My favorite one was the one about the guy who created zelda. I also liked the Tom Clancey episode because Rouge Spear is still one of my favorite games.

Anyway the main reason I am posting this is I wanted to find out how long the channel has been around and to let people know to check for it on thier cable system.

Tonight is a good time to find out too, as they are airing an awards show for gaming that should be pretty cool. It is called G-Phoria and is on at 8pm E/P. It could be neat seeing the people behind the games. Their Advertising campain has been to keep harping on "The Glow", which is that state you get into when you are totally zoned into a game. They are way overdoing it though and I am hoping the cheese factor is minimized in the actual awards show.

Peter Miller

Agent
Glad to see you found G4! Not too many people talking about that channel as it has only been around for a little over a year. Its first week on the air was nothing but a game of pong. Kind of an interesting idea.

It is based in LA and owned by Comcast so most poeple who have Comcast digital cable get G4. Not sure if it will ever be on DirectTV as adding a channel owned by a competitor only helps that competitor.

Icons is one of their best shows, as are Judgement Day, Filter and Portal. All their shows are repeated to hell so if you miss one you can be sure it will be on many, many more times.

It can also be hard to tell when new episodes air because of all the repeats. They've been playing with the schedule lately because of G-Phoria so I'm not sure when new Judgement Day shows air but you can see new Icons on Thurs. at 7pm PST, Filter is 7:30pm PST on Thurs. and Portal has new shows on Wed. at 7pm PST.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TW digital cable has the channel, but analog doesn't. From what I've seen it mostly looks like it's shot in someone's basement with the walls painted bluescreen blue.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Great little channel that I found last year and enjoyed again after getting cable again. But yeah Portal and Icons are the best followed by Judgement Day, Flither, and Electric Playground (Blister would be here if it was ever updated). But I am so tired of this G Phoria crap and can't wait for it to be gone forever. I mean it pretty bad when game award show has Zelda Wind Waker winning for best revival (like the game through) and Mario Sunshine winning most underrated game.
Plus the whole crappy ad campain and the endless airing of Archiving the Glow with Adam West...ugh. Get Bob Claws to destroy this show when he done with Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks