What's new

G.I.Joe Season One on 10/28? (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
QKTheatre.com had the following news item today:

VHS & DVD: According to Robert Culpepper (AKA EagleEyeJoe), DVDs with episodes from the first season of Sunbow's G.I.Joe series will be released on October 28.
I don't if it this is valid, but it would be great news if it's true. Hopefully, "episodes from the first season" means Season One Part One ( since the first season is 55 episodes) and not a best-of.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to put a question mark in the title, can one of the admins please add it in?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
More good news from QKTheatre.com today:

VHS & DVD: Per Joe Glover (AKA Flint wo2) via Sgt. Recondo: "Joe talked to a Kid Rhino rep [at Wizard World Chicago] and got 'absolute confirmation' that the season #1 G.I.Joe 'toons will come out in 2 parts. The first half of season #1 (about 27 episodes or so) will be out in late October and will cost about $59. The second half of season #1 (again, about 27 episodes or whatever) will be out in January 2004 and will also cost about $59. Then, Rhino plans on having season #2 available in late summer 2004 - especially if the season #1 sets sell well. There is a possibility of a promotional 'extra' being sold with the DVD sets, such as a figure or whatever. The 'extra' is all unconfirmed though."
-- Thanks to Doug Smith for the news
If this is true, we could have the entire series on DVD by this time next summer.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Yep, two seasons and two 5-part mini-series made up 95 total episodes. And then there was the movie.

Thanks for the news, Daniel! Let's hope that schedule holds up!

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
So should one hold onto the 2 disc set that came out because it won't be included in the box set???

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
UGH yet ANOTHER box set to add to the list my lord the next few months are going to break the bank.

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
it will be great if all episodes are released; I hope this information is true...

...and knowing is half the battle.

(putting out $$$ to buy another box set is the next half!)

Mike

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Call me crazy, but I also love the 1989 episodes. Does Rhino have the rights to those as well?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know there are 95 episodes plus the 2 5 episode mini-series. What was released a few months ago? Was it one or both of the mini-series??

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The first two miniseries have been released, which are the first 10 of the 95 episodes. Season One was 55 episodes, Season Two was 30 episodes. epguides.com has a good breakdown of the entire Sunbow series run.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
As an extra, it would be nice if they included the Sgt. Slaughter intros that they tacked on later.

Can't wait till October 28!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Looks like Season One Part One is being pushed to January 27, 2004 according to QKTheatre.com:

VHS & DVD: According to a representative at Rhino, the release date for the G.I.Joe: Season I - Part I DVD box set ($59.95) is now tentatively set for January 27, 2004. If the date is finalized, details about the set's contents will not be released until January.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Most excellent fantastic news...the push to January will help with the wallet too.

Man, now I'm totally geeked. Joe was much better than Transformers anyway. :D

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Bummer, I was really looking forward to this. It will be an agonizing wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks