1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

FYI: Stryke AV-12 and AV-15 pre-order extended!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Gary Joe, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Gary Joe

Gary Joe Stunt Coordinator

I tried to order an AV15 on the 3rd only to find them out of stock. However, he is willing to extend the pre-order price if he get's 60 units total pre-ordered(12's and 15's) so he can place a purchase order.
    If your interested contact John through www.stryke.com.

2. Gary Joe

Gary Joe Stunt Coordinator

Actually here is a reply from him:

I had no idea the AV15 and AV12 would be so popular. The preorder went slower than expected, but after it was over, everyone wanted one. I ordered about 50 extra woofers, hoping they would last a month or so until I could get more in. They all disappeared in a week. I ended up having 2 extra AV12's left. Derek got one of them, the other is also gone. The AV15's are completely out.

I should be getting some B-stock AV15's in that have a small imperfecion on the cone. This will be in the next week or so. I can do these at the $165 price.

I will also be doing another preorder at the same preorder prices. I plan to announce this Sunday night on the website. This time I will be getting 400 woofers. From that point on, they should be continually in stock and I'll reorder when i get below 50pcs of either AV12 or AV15. This preorder will run probably 2 weeks, and it will take 12 weeks to get the woofers in stock and ready to go out.

If anyone is interested in the B-stock ones or the preorder, let me know. I can post a pic of the cone inprefection on the B-stock if anyone wants to see it.

John

3. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Maybe TC Sounds has had enough practice now. [​IMG]

4. bruin

bruin Second Unit

i placed an order on wedneday and today is friday...so if i don't get a tracking by tomorrow does that mean mine is still back ordered?...are cancellations possible?

5. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Anyone know exactly what's makes the B-stock AV15's B-stock. John says they have a small imperfection in the cone, but what exactly does that mean?

I'd like to see a picture myself.

Seth

6. David Lorenzo

David Lorenzo Stunt Coordinator

7. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

So, those are the B-stock cones. I saw the thread, but didn't know those were the B-stock drivers.

Seth

8. David Lorenzo

David Lorenzo Stunt Coordinator

It seems that a lot of dustcaps have that cosmetic flaw and TC Sounds will replace any driver that is sent back to them. I think John is going to sell all of the ones he gets sent back to him as B-Stock.

9. John E Janowitz

John E Janowitz Second Unit

Hi guys,

Actaully those cones are not what the B-stock look like. For some reason a lot of the drivers got the crackly painted dust caps. As someone said, TC will replace those.

The actual B-stock cones look like this:
    [​IMG]

You can see a small circular ring around on the cone. This is really less of an issue than the crackly paint on the other drivers.

The AV15 B-stock woofers will be $165, or you can get in a preorder for the next run of woofers at $165 also. All problems are now ironed out, and this should be the final preorder I will offer on woofers ever. From there on, I should be able to keep everything in stock.

John

10. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

John,

Just to clarify.

[​IMG]

We're referring to the line I circled in red, not the line in blue right?

Seth

11. John E Janowitz

Right. The line in blue is the edge of the dustcap where it glues to the cone.

John

12. chris_hunigan

chris_hunigan Stunt Coordinator

I received my AV15's about couple of days ago...
    The scratches IMHO are very, very minor... OVerall I am impressed with the drivers build quality...

Great job to John and Stryke for a well made sub...

Now I need to figure out when/where/how I can get a box made...

Cree

13. Sebastian

Sebastian Second Unit

When does the pre order end for the AV-12's?

14. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

i just have 1 queston on the pre order. will we get billed when we order or close to when we get the woofers?

15. John E Janowitz

Sebastian,

I plan to start the new preorder for the AV12's tonight. I'm going to try to get the website updated to show this.

Bryan,

We need to charge at the end of the preorder. To place a larger order like this with TC sounds, we need to have 50% down before they begin building the woofers. Without charging the customers ahead of time, that money just isn't available. The tradeoff is that you get a good discount on the woofers in turn for waiting 10-12 weeks for delivery. For most it is well wortht he wait.

John

16. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

John,

I'm interested in 2 of the AV15 b-stock drivers. I sent you an e-mail (via HTF).

Seth

17. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

John,

Are these drivers DVC or SVC?

Seth

18. John E Janowitz

Seth,

I am actually not sure whether the B-stock were single or dual VC. I have to check with TC on these. Hopefully I will hear something by tomorrow.

John

19. Tracy_L

Tracy_L Stunt Coordinator

Hey John

I sent you a mail about the B stock drivers. I'm interested for an IB setup when you get a chance to reply.

Thanks
    Tracy

20. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Any updates John? I'm eager to get my hands on a few of these bad boys.

Seth