What's new

FYI -- Indian Summer Pan & Scan (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That's odd. Image (which is usually a pretty accurate site) posted their entry for Indian Summer on their site today, and they said it is 2.35:1 anamorphic.
I can't link to the page, but go to Link Removed and do a search for "Indian Summer" and it'll come up.

Margo

Agent
I've never been to the Image site before this... they have it as widescreen. I called 1-800-72-DISNEY to get the information that I got. The woman happily told me that it was going to be fullscreen and would fill up my entire tv. I pointed out that it wouldn't because I had a widescreen set and that I would have large black bars on the sides where the picture had been cut off. Is it possible that the Disney rep doesn't have the correct information? This title hardly strikes me as "family" fare with the mild drug use and all.

Kevin Korom

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I for one hope Image knows more about this than Disney does! Indian Summer is on the short list of my most-wanted DVD titles, and to have it come out P&S would be truly depressing...this is one film that truly uses all the 2.35:1 aspect ratio.
The LD is OK, but a 16x9 DVD would be light years ahead. There's so much deep-saturated color that LD just doesn't do well. Here's hoping:frowning:

Margo

Agent
Oh joy! Oh joy! I called Disney again and the woman (Debbie) told me that she has a Special Attention notice dated today that says that Indian Summer will be released in Widescreen 2.35. She said that she was reading it right off of the memo. I'm so happy! :) I'm off to add this to my September 3rd order.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Good followthrough Margo!

Either the first rep you spoke to at Disney (the one that happily told you it would fill your whole screen) was mistaken, or Disney changed their minds about this film. Hopefully they'll change their minds about all P&S only releases.

Way to go Margo!

Steve K.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Our input *does* make a difference. Disney doesn't make decisions quickly...but our consumer input is as good as any other consumer input they get. If we're consistent and we make it very clear that our *families* prefer widescreen we will eventually see our films treated as they deserve on Disney DVD.

good work!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well, now that I have read that it WILL be widescreen. I just put my order in for it. $6.98 delivered from deep discount dvd. Gotta love that price.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Well, color me relieved! I take back my nasty comments from before, and I'll certainly be picking this one up...as long as it says 'Widescreen' on it! :)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
'Seth', don't forget that Krippendorf's Tribe had Anamorphic Widescreen on it! :p)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Is the "Krippendorf's Tribe" DVD not anamorphic? Is it at least widescreen?

I almost bought it the other day. I'm glad I didn't if it's not widescreen. I'd be disappointed if it was widescreen but not anamorphic, but I could live with it.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Looks like this is not going to pan out.

The cover scans are up at dvdempire and it states that aspect ratio is fullscreen(1.33).

What a pity...

-Chad

Margo

Agent
I, for one, am really feeling jerked around about this. I'm hoping that if the cover at DVDEmpire is real that maybe it's a printing mistake and that the disc inside will be OAR. I guess it could happen given that Disney was going to make it fullscreen and changed their mind late in the game. Otherwise I'm going to have yet another Pan&Scan disc in my collection -- ugh!

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Buena vista's own site has it listed at 1:33:1 ratio.
This confirms DVD Empire's scan of the back cover.
This is so disappointing. Really is frustrating for Disney to decide what is "worthy" of being presented in OAR and what is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks