What's new

FUTURAMA 8/03/'03: "Bender Should Not Be Allowed on Television" (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann

JayV

Supporting Actor
Good news, everyone! The episode kicked butt. And Hypnotoad made an appearance.

-j

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
No joke, at lunch today I was commenting on being almost out of Futurama episodes and I said "Too bad we don't have at least a couple more episodes about...what's the name of that guy that isn't Bender, and that other character that isn't Bender...oh never mind. I just love that Bender!".

I also love the Hypnotoad sound.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I didn't find it all that funny. The satire was spot on and much more cutting than anything from the Simpsons in recent years. But while it was intellectually satistfying, I dunno, Bender works best in small doses. Now Fry being stupid I can take a whole episode of.

Not a bad episode by any means, just not the best.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Favorite line: "THAT'S the WORST coma acting I've EVER SEEN!!!"

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I loved it. Of course I love Bender.

"We'll be back with more Futurama. The show that doesn't endorse the very cool crime of stealing."

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Adam Lenhardt wrote (post #9):

I agree completely. A disappointment for me particularly because of the promising episode summary. The producers of the series never seem to run out of wit and inventiveness. (Note the irony of the episode title being a slogan invented by Bender himself.) The humor of late, however, has been lacking in hilarity (cf. "Obsoletely Fabulous"). Maybe by this time they all knew the clock was running down on the series in the corporate front offices. Who knows?

Bear in mind, Fox was saving this to be the final episode of the series, until Matt Groening and company decided to make a special finale episode ("The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings"). I think that when Bender looks into the tv camera and talks to parents about what their kids watch on tv, he's talking not to the audience of his whacked-out 31st-century irreality tv show, but to US, the Futurama audience (and perhaps to Fox viewers in general).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks