What's new

Futurama 11/17/02 (1 Viewer)

Did someone forget this show was a comedy? I don't get to watch the show very much but turned in tonight to check it out. Tonight's episode was a total downer.

The poor dog wasted its life waiting for Fry who was never coming back!

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Yeah, a little sad for a episode without a NFL game in the way. And is it me or you kinda hate Bender in this episode too?

Yes, Richard. Does this mean Bart watches Futurama, too?
:)
I just cannot get over the ending of tonights Futurama. I can understand Fry's actions even though there was no basis to what he believed.
But, what was the point of
showing us the actual years of despair Seymour went through morning the loss of Fry.

It reminded me of "Where the Red Fern Grows" and that one tore me up as a kid.

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
Pre-empted here in Tallahassee, FL. Tampa Bay game did not finish until 7:15, I saw the last 5 mintutes. The intro stated and all then it said we now join Futirama in progress. Fox sucks they need to move the show to 7:30 and have a Simpsons rerun at 7 it would make more sense.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Pre-empted in my market. I hate those Fox people with a passion. Who taped it? I need a copy.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
At least they showed it
For the 2nd week in a row, Houston missed out.
I could understand it if were a Texans game, but who in this city gives a rat's ass about San Francisco & San Diego?? :angry:
But of course, we got our "Malcolm" rerun. Can't live without that... :angry: :angry:

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
:) I also was pretty shaken at the end of the episode. Futurama did it before, the episode with Fry's brother had such a wonderful ending. This is what I love about it, it is more honest in that department than the Simpsons. I cannot remember one time having a tear in my eye while watching Homer and co. (well at least no tears which were not a consequence of laughing too hard). ;)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I caught it on the Western feed and couldn't believe what I saw! All those years of loyalty and for what? At least the pizza place owner had the decency to feed the poor dog.
The only good item in the show? Amy and Leela in spandex! :D

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed, the Amy/Leela fight scene was certainly the high point.

I laughed my ass off when Christopher sat on that little dog in Sopranos
but the dog thing in Futurama was REALLY sad....

Cheers,
Chris

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I agree with a lot of what was said here about this being an odd episode. But one thing I thought really interesting is Nibbler. How many of you noticed he was at the cryo place when Fry went there?

RafaelB

Second Unit
I thought I was just seeing things (Nibbler's eye in the trash can)! Good to know that it was intentional.

Rafael.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'd rather have a VHS Hi-Fi stereo or DVD-R copy, though I'm not sure of my player's compatibility with DVD-Rs yet.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Nibbler being at the cyro place was brought up a few seasons ago and I believe it will play a part in future epsiodes. I don't remember if you actually see him in the pilot but he was there. There was a pretty funny episode about his origins once which explains this a little further.

Today I got my Season 2 DVDs. Wooohooo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks