What's new

Fuse blown in KEF PSW 3000? Pls Help! (1 Viewer)

Raakky

Auditioning
Real Name
Morten Raake
Hi.
I have just received my new PSW3000 sub today, and when i was installing it I somehow managed to switch the fusebutton from 230V to 115V. Im currently in the UK, and it should be 230V. Now the subwoofer is dead, and I am hoping it is "just" the fuse that has been blown. I do not know how to change this fuse as it is not reachable on the back.
I would hope, and beg somebody here can help me, eventually have some experience with the same thing!
My worst case scenario is that the whole mainboard is gone, but then again why have we fuses for.
Regards
Morten

Raakky

Auditioning
Real Name
Morten Raake
No not new, but bought in Ebay, was in an ok condition. You dont by chance know if the fuse is sitting right behind (inside) of the fusemarker on the backside?
Morten

Raakky

Auditioning
Real Name
Morten Raake
I managed to chance the fuse today after an operation inside there.
BUT, now the sub cuts out at higher volumes. It works perfect at very low sound. Any ideas people? IS there something unfixable that is wrong?
I hear a click inside the speaker, then before it comes back i hear a click in the main board. Sounds like something is shorting, but i have checked almost all the wires in the mainboard/amp board. Cant see any burned things, loose wires or anything broken.
What can it be?
hoping you can help me
Morten

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The only way to "check" the driver itself is to connect another amp to it after you bypass the internal amp. Then if the "problem" goes away...the plate amp is definitely fried.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks