1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Funplex" new B-52s

Discussion in 'Music' started by Buzz Foster, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Buzz Foster

Buzz Foster Well-Known Member

Kate Pierson isn't much younger than my mom, but damn if they haven't put out a really good album.

It's like a fresh, updated "Wild Planet", produced by Steve Osborne, who produced New order's "Get Ready". Not a whole lot for the "Cosmic Thing" fans, but it is really great, fun stuff.

2. Jean D

Jean D Well-Known Member

At first listen, given the lyrics on some of the songs, I closed my eyes and all I could picture was 60-somethings dressed in retro-esque nu-wave fashion at a swingers party tossing keys into fishbowls, playing Win-Lose or Draw and Charades, drinking cocktails and pretending they were still hip and havent aged at all. Almost like listening to a twisted updated version of Cocoon.

Don't get me wrong, I like the B52's. I just felt that this album wasnt so much of artistic growth, but more of the same. I much prefer Cosmic Thing and I think they should have went in a different direction

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Well-Known Member

Rachael Bellomy
    I've listened to it three times and not developed an affinity for any of the songs.