What's new

Funny conversation I overheard at Best Buy. (2 Viewers)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
you guys give me a head ache!!

But Im not sure, Ill have to ask my wife to see if I really have one. :D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Ouch, Mark that was harsh. But, I laughed so I'm no better I suppose.

Pretty common occurance actually, and I had a friend say the same thing about a TV show, and after I showed him an episode or 2 he went out and bought the first season DVD. So it is especially sweet when they do see it or eat it, or hit themselves in the head with the kitchen appliance and find out that they actually like it.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
What kitchen appliances can you guys recommend for a newbie just getting into the whole head-smashing thing?

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Food processors are the best for this task, with just the right weight and balance. I haven't tried one myself, but I'm certain this is the case.

Adam

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I hate it when I don't like a movie and someone tells me "You must not have gotten the point then."

Oh, I got the point, and the point sucks. I just don't like crappy movies that drag through only to lead up to a crappy ending as much as other people. [scarcasm off] Now, for the sake of myself, I refuse to name an example of a movie that falls into this category. :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
tim, it really depends.

for beginners, i really don't recommend anything over the size or heft of, say, a toaster. maybe a waffle iron, but really that's where you should start off.

when you're ready for the big leagues, i would definitely suggest a kitchen-aid blender:

believe me ... them things are heavy. i'm quite sure it will satisfy your ... ummm ... needs.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Ted, the chrome bowl on that KitchenAid piece looks nice. I'm sure it would be very helpful in cleaning off the hair and skull fragments...

Maybe I should look for a training skillet first :)

Keith Hyde

Stunt Coordinator
So I finally rescreened Lost in Translation on my HT last night.

FAR SUPERIOR showing than the poorly projected corporate theater in town. The COLORS. The picture detail (lost in poor projection) brought out the subtle facial expressions essential to this show.

I know a lot who don't like the movie. Thought it a waste of time. I wasn't too moved after my first viewing either. But I'm a huge Murray fan and having seen this a second time I will definitely add this to my collection.

Kevin Thompson

Stunt Coordinator

I appreciate a well made film, but as far as I know there's no cinematic rule that says a film can be artistic or entertaining--but not both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks