What's new

Funeral In Berlin..... Released?/Reviewed? (1 Viewer)

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
As a huge Caine/Palmer fan, I was unable to locate the disc.
I was wondering if it was released on the 14th, and if so does anyone have a review?
Thanks in advance.
------------------

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I don't know, but thanks for the reminder!
Now we need them to put some music, any music, over whatever it was in Billion Dollar Brain that they can't get rights to, hence can't release (A Beatles song?)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I got my copy of FUNERAL IN BERLIN from Deep Discount DVD yesterday. I haven't had the chance to watch the entire disc, but the film print looks spotless. The only extra is a fullscreen trailer, in rougher shape than the feature.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still avidly waiting for "Funeral In Berlin" to be dispatched by my Canadian supplier. It was such a joy to finally see "The IPCRESS File" - one of my favourite movies - in widescreen on the R1 DVD, I can't wait to see how "Berlin" looks.
Personally, I didn't enjoy "Billion Dollar Brain" nearly as much as the first two, but the completist in me would still buy it if it were released on DVD, not to mention the final two Caine/Palmer films "Bullet to Beijing" and "Midnight in St Petersburg". If you haven't seen these last two, though, be warned that they lack the quality of the first two movies (and "Petersburg" in particular has a very inferior plot).
[Edited last by ChristopherM on August 17, 2001 at 11:32 AM]

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
How the heck did this one slip under my radar?!
Thanks for the heads up! :)

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Then there was the pseudo Harry Palmer film, where he played some retired operator, who had a jazz joint, helping some woman "Blue Ice" or something...

Users who are viewing this thread