What's new

Funcoland reliable for pre-orders? (1 Viewer)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I am thinking about pre-ordering both the X-Box and Gamecube, My local Funcoland is not yet taking pre-orders on these but they have started a calling list for when pre-orders are announced. I got myself on both list.
I was wondering what their past track record has been on system pre-orders. Is it first come first serve for anyone who pre-ordered, Does paying in advance guarantee I'd get a system on day one ?

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I've pre-ordered from Funcoland in the past and have had no problems. I pre-bordered the PSX and PS2 and was able to get both on day one. However, I was number 2 on the list for the PSX and number 4 (or 5 or 6) for the PS2. As long as you crack the top 10, you should get a system. It's a gamble even then, since they never know how many systems they'll be allotted (my local Funcoland had 15 PS2's for launch.) I'm gonna get a GameCube next, if I pre-order it, I'll do it thru EBGames. I'll probably just order it thru work, since we got our PS2 a day early. That way I can avoid the crowds on launch day.
Hope that helps,
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks