What's new

Full soundtracks (1 Viewer)

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
Why do studios not release the full two hour soundtrack of a movie? Why do they just release "highlights" of one? I only know of one soundtrack that was released in its entirety "the Incredible Hulk" I'm sure there are more but that is all I am aware of. But again, why not do this for all movie soundtracks?

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I think it has to do with economics mostly, though I am often at a loss at just how short a score release (if a movie gets one nowadays) can be.

But having said that, there is a terrific niche market for expanded and complete scores for many great films/scores. Head to LaLaLand Records for one of the best collections out there (expanded and complete scores for movies like Wyatt Earp, Eraser, Broken Arrow, Matrix: Reloaded, Matrix: Revolutions, The Fury, Home Alone, Hook, 1941, and many, many more). Other labels like Intrada, Kritzerland, and Quartet Records cover other scores (Golden Age through newer) and do exceedingly well.

If you want to get a good sense for what's available (many labels), simply persue Screenarchives.com for the glory of scores, young and old, repressings, re-releases, expanded and complete.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I, too would like to give my endorsement to LaLa Land Records. I recently purchased the expanded version of the soundtrack to Grand Canyon. Intrada is another great label for soundtracks. They seem to specialize in producing CDs for soundtracks that had no CD release on the movie's original release. I have purchased the soundtrack to Hoosiers, a two-disc set of White Fang that includes both soundtracks to the movie.

My real find was recently purchasing the Intrada soundtrack to the movie In Country by James Horner. I had been wanting a CD of this ever since I first saw the movie back in the 90s. It is a great soundtrack. Sadly, since Intrada only produces a limited number of copies, In Country has been discontinued. I highly recommend trying to find a used copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks