What's new

Full Details: Panic Room SE (2 Viewers)

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
CHTV sometimes gives away trailer DVDs (at least in the UK) with most trailers on them for some strange reason they are very rarely included on the actual DVD though.:confused:

CraigL

Screenwriter
At the risk of pissing off a certain group of people, Fight Club DOES have a DTS track...in Korea at least. I've been trying to get my hands on it for a while. Supposed to be even better than the DD...but then again I'm a DTS supporter all the way.

David, any idea if another region will get a DTS track a la Fight Club/Black Hawk Down, etc? Would you even receive this information?

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
David, thanks for your input and your hard work on this title. I haven't seen the movie and held off buying it knowing there was an SE coming, looks like it well passed my expectation. I loved Fight Club and Se7en (movies and the DVDs), so even blind this set is a no-brainer purchase.

I do have to ask though, since there's still some work possibly being don eon the discs (like getting a play-all feature in place), any chance the cover art could be revised a little?

David Prior

Insider

There will be a Panic Room trailer on the disc, as well as a few trailers from other Columbia movies. Normally neither Fincher or I are fans of cross-promotions, but with titles like Lawrence of Arabia, Taxi Driver, Dr. Strangelove and Close Encounters, it's pretty hard to complain. And, believe it or not, 3 discs was very nearly not enough room.

Cheers,

David Prior

CraigL

Screenwriter

Thanks David. Hope you didn't take my comments as being unappreciative of your input. It's sets like these that I look forward to the most. You're a DVD god amongst men. And it's only fitting that you work with a Directing God amongst men.

As an actor, there's no other director that i'd rather work with than Fincher. I very much envy you.

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Im surprised there is no deleted scenes. All of David Fincher's past films included deleted scenes
for the special edition dvds. Anyone else surprised by this besides me?.

-Mike

David Prior

Insider

Michael, the reason for this is that there weren't any deleted scenes. If you watch the supplements closely you'll notice a few excised lines of dialogue and a few things that were re-shot (including the final shot in the film), but believe it or not every scene that was shot is in the film.

And Craig, no misunderstanding here. I never fought for or against DTS simply because the DD was so good. And I know what you mean about Fincher. I was a giant fan of his years before I had the great good fortune to work with him (for years I thought I was the only person who saw good things in Alien 3), so sometimes I even envy myself. He's a fantastic filmmaker as well as that rarest of things in Hollywood, a truly decent person.

Cheers,

David Prior

Kristoffer

Second Unit
David, I am really looking foward to this! Can you say anything about the cover? Is it a slipcase?

Also completly of topic, has Fincher seen the assembly cut of Alien 3 and what did he think of it?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot for the info. :) I waited to pick up the original release (saw it for really cheap and still held out...) because I heard about this. It looks to be a lot of fun, and very, very interesting.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
At this point I'm really keen on learning more about compositing, subtle CG work, the effectiveness of pre-vis, color correction, animatics etc. and so on, as its all stuff I want to apply to my own filmmaking in the future. This release seems like it will be pure gold for me. Thank you David Prior and I'm looking forward to digging deep into this release when I get it.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
David,

Thanks for checking to see if this will be a new transfer.
I was somewhat disappointed with the Superbit transfer for a film of the nature.

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks very much for you input David very interesting and appriciated.

Keep us informed of any future releases your involved in.

:)

CarlosL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
DVDTalk seems to have the very first review of Panic Room: 3-DVD Special Edition at:

http://dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=9847

They comment that the video and DD seem ever so slightly changed, albeit without DTS, but the real reason to pick this baby up is for the incredible extras. I guess we'll see!

DanielZ

Auditioning
I am pretty sure the special guest is screenwriter William Goldma. I think it was mentioned at a dvd news site but I can not remember which one.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The DVDTALK review is is disappointing in terms of doing a good A/V comparison to the Superbit. My main concern of the SE is whether the transfer is new or not and more specifics on the new soundtrack differing from the Superbit.

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Have seen the menu design on another site. Amazing very impressive.

Did you design the menu's Mr Prior or was it done by a graphics studio?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks