What's new

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011 (1 Viewer)

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis
Fritzl Dog said:
I believe suppliers are selling corrected sets...The new set has a bright YELLOW sticker printed with the bar code/SKU# placed over the original white UPC. The numbers are identical...Anyway, I'm happy to report that, upon playing some of the 5 titles that were initially bad, everyone appears to be A-OK.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Chuck

Thanks for the report, Chuck!

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
All right, Chuck. I will be on the lookout in six days when I formally begin opening my gifts underneath the tree. This one is already gift wrapped so I cannot check until XMAS morning itself. However, this gives me something else to look forward to on that great day!!!! Mine came in from Amazon at that same time as well for the same price. Thanks for the heads up, Chuck!!!!

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all Fuge fans. Always wished that The Fugitive would have done a Christmas show sometime during the run. Maybe some kind of situation where Richard was deep in despair but some unexpected power or happening gave him relief and saved him again.I suppose Angels Travel On Lonely Roads is close to this plot line, but something with snow and the Christmas season would have been cool.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Indeed, Happy Holidays to everyone! This thread is one that endures through the years, so it's as good a place as any to send holiday wishes. Let's hope blu-rays of the series are in our stockings next year!

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
stevelecher said:
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all Fuge fans. Always wished that The Fugitive would have done a Christmas show sometime during the run. Maybe some kind of situation where Richard was deep in despair but some unexpected power or happening gave him relief and saved him again.I suppose Angels Travel On Lonely Roads is close to this plot line, but something with snow and the Christmas season would have been cool.
Merry Christmas to all as well. I think the closest we got to a Christmas show on The Fugitive is the very first episode "Fear In A Desert City". I watched the unaired pilot with the commentary by Walter Grauman and Chris Soldo and they pointed out all the christmas decorations on display in the streets of Tucson where they shot the scenes on location.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
There aren't too many episodes that have Richard Kimble dealing with snow. He must have favored warmer climates.

And Merry Christmas to all the "Fuge" fans who've populated these threads over the years.

Harry

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I can't think of one episode that has snow. In the 2130, when he has to change his pattern because of the computer, he goes somewhere cold, the cranberry bog, but that's about it.Walsh61, I never noticed the Christmas stuff in the pilot. I'll have to revisit. I remember hearing about the French writing on the side of the train from that commentary. Another item I never picked up on in all my years enjoying The Fugitive.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Well, here is hoping that many here had a Very, Merry XMAS and that your holidays are continuing to be enjoyed to the fullest!!!!!Chuck...you called it right on!!!!! The yellow sticker over the original UPC code on the back of the box set is right there!!!! I am so delighted and relieved to have found it!!!!! I really look forward to tearing into this wonderful collection in the coming time ahead!!!!!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I finally got around to off-loading some of the promos and things from the old Nu-Ventures VHS tapes. I wanted to save the Barry Morse intros and some of the episode bumpers and promos that leaked through on those tapes.

Here is the NuVentures promo for the series that appeared on the first VHS tape I had. It runs about 4 1/2 minutes:

[media][/media]

Harry

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
There are already a number of Barry Morse intros posted on YouTube. I don't know if they're all there or not, but I've saved as many as I could find (not all of the tapes had them). If there are any that the members here would like to see, post a request here and I'll see what I can do about getting them up on YouTube.

Harry

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
In Season one, there was a promo every week at the end of the show for next week's episode. I'd forgotten how short they were. When Season two began, each show started with a promo for the episode of the week, but there wasn't a promo at the end for next week's show.

I was 10 and I remember seeing the promo for Search In A Windy City and hardly being able to wait for the next week's episode to see it. 50 years ago. Yikes!

Thanks for posting those, Harry.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This is a monstrously long thread so please forgive what must be the twentieth time that this question has been asked but am I right in assuming that the sets with the corrected discs are now easily spotted by the addition of a yellow bar code? And prior to this recent change in packaging, how did people tell the difference between the corrected and uncorrected S1V2: discs 2 & 3 and S3V1: discs 2 & 3?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
This is a monstrously long thread so please forgive what must be the twentieth time that this question has been asked but am I right in assuming that the sets with the corrected discs are now easily spotted by the addition of a yellow bar code? And prior to this recent change in packaging, how did people tell the difference between the corrected and uncorrected S1V2: discs 2 & 3 and S3V1: discs 2 & 3?
My replacements didn't have the yellow bar code, or not that I can see as I look at them now, but the other way to distinguish the difference between the original discs and the replacement ones is in the artwork.

The replacement discs include a running figure of the Fugitive to the right-hand side of the main "The Fugitive" logo.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Also, probably not the answer you're looking for, but I'll bet that most of the frequent contributors to this thread received their replacements by mail (i.e., an exchange-type program, although I think we never had to actually return the bad discs) and then immediately inserted the replacement discs in the existing cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.