What's new

FS: Three (3) AudioControl C-131 1/3-octave equalizers Audio Control equalizer (1 Viewer)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I have three 1/3-octave AudioControl C-131 equalizers for sale. This is a rare opportunity to buy an extra unit for the center channel without the expense of a second bundled stereo pair.

This is hands down one of the finest equalizers ever offered for home audio systems. Original list price was $525 in the early 90s. I’m the original owner and have had these equalizers since 1996 and have been very pleased with them. Extremely quiet, no S/N penalty to your system. Absolutely clean and transparent with no audible coloration until you adjust a slider. I once did a head-to-head comparison with a comparably-priced professional-grade Ashly 1/3-octave EQ, and the AudioControl C-131 annihilated it – much quieter, more accurate dB markings on the faceplate.

Two of the equalizers will come with an original owner’s manual. A photocopy of the original owners manual is included for the third unit.

Asking $200 firm for each one. Will separate. I’ve been tracking these equalizers on eBay for the past several months, and they typically sell in the $200-250 range. I intend to put them up on eBay in the Spring, when prices are best, but thought I’d list them here in the interim.

Expect shipping to be in the $30 range for each one. I don’t have a box bid enough to ship them all together. I can e-mail larger jpg pictures if you like. Buy with confidence, see my 100% eBay feedback, user name wpflugha.

The owner’s manual gives the specifications as:
Noise –112 dB (A-weighted, all controls set at 0 dB boost/cut)
Total Harmonic Distortion - 0.002%
Frequency Response - 10-100 kHz +/-0.2 dB (All sliders set to 0 dB boost/cut)
Thirty 1/3-octave filters from 25 Hz – 20 kHz, range +/-15dB
Input impedance, unbalanced - 47k ohms
Input impedance, balanced - 10k ohms, differential mode
Output impedance, unbalanced - 100 ohms
Output impedance, balanced - 50 ohms
Dimensions – 3.65" H x 17" W x 11" D
Weight - 10.5 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks