What's new

FS: Technics SH-AC500D (1 Viewer)

Mike.Whell

Auditioning
Nice little unit that I picked up about a year ago with the intention of creating an HT system in the basement. The basement system, however, will remain a 2 channel system due to space limitations, so this unit is now available.

Some history: I'm not the original owner - picked it up used at a local stereo shop. The unit came w/o the remote and instructions. So, I looked around the net and ordered a brand new remote, which I've never even taken out of the box, and downloaded the operating instructions.

Cosmetics are good, but not mint. There are a few scratches and scuffs on the top of the top of the unit, presumably from stacking other equipment. There is a 1/2 scratch on the plastic face of the display, not terribly noticable, but its there. The left front edge is nicked up a bit; again, not bad but its noticable up close.

Thats the bad news. The good news, again, is that the remote is new. I did test the unit and it works as it should. Locks on to a digital signal and decodes Dolby Digital & DTS. It is supposed to do Dolby Pro Logic, though I didn't try to run an analog signal though it.

This unit is designed to convert an existing 2 channel system into HT. If you have a receiver or 2 channel preamp, you connect the L/R outputs of this unit to your 2 channel receiver or pre. You'll need amplification for the center, L and R rear channel outputs from this unit (or you can supress those outputs, if you wish), and a powered sub is connected to the subwoofer output of this unit.

Its a cheap, but very effective, way to get into HT.

Asking $140 shipped to your door in the lower 48 states. Contact me for pricing to CA, AL and HI.

Send email to whell(nospam)@email.com if interested. Just remove the (nospam)from the email address.

where did you buy the remote? I have this unit but it is annoying having to get off the couch every time I want to change the volume.

where did you buy the remote? I have this unit but it is annoying having to get off the couch every time I want to change the volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks