What's new

FS: Rotel RB-985 MKII 5x100 amp (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Well my wife says it's time to move so I need to sell some of my extra equipment. So for sale is a Rotel RB-985 MKII amplifier. The Rotel produces 5 channels at 100 watts each and is still in very good working order. I've owned it for 5 years and am still very pleased with the sound it produces for both movies and music.

To quote UltimateAVMags 2001 Editor Choice Awards - "The Rotel "exhibited an outstanding grip on the musical goings-on (and sound effects) while maintaining its essentially rich yet detailed sonic character." And while its performance was excellent on music, its character complemented movie soundtracks as well. It also sounded more powerful than its rating might indicate. The RB-985's top end was distinguished by a lack of edginess or brightness, and its bass, while less tight and well-damped than that of more expensive amplifiers, never sounded weak or ran out of control. The RB-985 is a "no-brainer" foundation for an affordable system based on separates."

I'm asking $425 $375 shipped (contigous US). I accept Paypal, money orders and checks. I've traded here before and have a perfect 100% feedback rating on eBay. Please PM me if interested! Thanks!

Manual (PDF)

Price: $375 shipped.

SOLD!

gebby44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
What is everyone THINKING? If I had $375 to spend on any audio equipment right now, even if I didn't need an amp, this is an absolute no-brainer. These go on Agon for around $425 shipped. Crazy deal.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
It's a nice deal indeed. And I've actually been tempted to go for it (and also suggested for another forum regular to check here), but I already have my own aging B&K amp :D and could use the $$$ for something else (like a new HDMI prepro or big 1080p display). :P

But anyway, Chris, how long do you have before you must conclude the sale? At the moment, I'm seriously considering holding off my upgrade to a new 1080p display, so I might go for your amp at that price (for a backup to my aging B&K). I will probably decide for sure whether to take the plunge on a new display w/in the next couple days.

_Man_

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Appreciate the comments guys! I'll give it another week before I decide if I'm going to do anything else. We move in a couple days so I really don't have any extra time to do much this week anyways (well... other than mail it out obviously :) ).

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
One last chance before sending it off to eBay this Thursday.

Thanks!

gebby44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
Ah, Chris, it's so tempting. Must...refrain...somebody please buy this, it's a SMOKING DEAL.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks