What's new

FS: Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop (2.0ghz, CDRW+DVD, 15" LCD 1600x1200) (1 Viewer)

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
hate to do it, but i really need the $ right now. this is a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop in great condition. this lappy is basically brand new...it's seen very light usage since it arrived in early February, so it's got about 2 months' use on it tops.

this laptop comes with the standard Dell 1-yr warranty + mail-in service as well as "1-yr CompleteCare Accidental Damage Protection" which means they basically replace the laptop if you accidentally drop it or spill coffee in it. this was a $100 option. (read more) specs:
  • p4 2.0 ghz
  • 15" Dell UltraSharp UXGA LCD (this is the best screen they offer, and it was like a $350 upgrade). native resolution is 1600x1200x32bit color, and it looks AMAZING! the quality of the picture totally blew away my old 19" Samsung 955 CRT. there are no dead pixels that i can see. seriously, this thing looks REALLY good.
  • GF4 440 GO AGP 4x graphics card
  • 24x10x32x8 CDRW/DVD combo drive
  • 256 DDR RAM (all you really need for a laptop)
  • 40GB hard drive
  • internal WiFi 802.11b card (very cool)
  • integrated LAN and modem ports
  • IEEE 1394 port
  • headphone & mic jacks
  • stereo speakers
  • battery life is 2-3 hrs, depending on usage and settings
  • charge time is ~60-90min WITH LAPTOP RUNNING
  • includes wall adapter
  • 2 card slots
  • VGA output for external monitor
  • parallel & serial ports
  • 2 USB ports
  • one ps/2 slot
  • has s-video, composite video, AND s/pdif digital output connections for hookup to an external receiver for discrete 5.1/6.1 Dolby Digital or DTS sound

i paid over $1950 for this just two months ago, and i'm willing to sell it for $1465 + shipping. a similar Dell laptop with lesser specs just sold for over $1600 on eBay. all warranties are fully transferrable, so you're still covered by the two warranties for another 10 months or so. i'll even toss in a 64MB USB2.0 memory key to make this deal even better (cost me >$40).

i still have the original box and all packing materials. shipping & insurance will be paid for by the buyer from 73072. payment is accepted by money order/cashier's check. I will accept Paypal payment by bank transfer ONLY. this is just too much money for me to be able to eat a 3% fee on since i'm an unemployed college student.

i'm a Silver Trader here on the HTF. please feel free to email me at [email protected] with questions. thanks for looking!

ps- i might be open to some trades for HT gear to subside the $$. i'm currently looking for a high quality 100-150 wpc 2-channel amp and possibly a nice 2-channel preamp as well. looking specifically for a Classe` amp + pre combo. email me with offers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks