What's new

FRT/CNTR SPEAKER PLACEMENT HEIGHT? (1 Viewer)

monoverb

Auditioning
Real Name
Thierry Solmne
Afternoon all..
Setting up a new theater... across the front it's 3 Triad LCR in walls.. these speakers are quite tall.. the tweeters have a 30 degree dispersion pattern. Question i have is HOW LOW can I mount them? My display should be at eye level..obviously I cant have the speakers at ear level... so given the 30 degree dispersion.. if i get out a triangle and some string I suppose I can get a good idea of where the sound is gonna go..right?

or am i overthinking this whole mess?

MikeNg

Second Unit
More specifically, try to get the tweeters as close to your seated listening level as you can, and your center channel tweeter be within +/-2 vertical feet of the L/R channel tweeters (so that the imaging doesn't 'pull' up or down).

Dispersion is more about listening area coverage.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Why can't you have the L/R at ear level? The center can be above or below the monitor. I prefer above, but some people prefer below.

monoverb

Auditioning
Real Name
Thierry Solmne
Thanks all... really it became a question of asthetics... A little planning would have gone a long way.
I'm re-thinking it now in PROJECTOR terms.. may mount the speakers at the ideal height with a screen that allows sound through it..so the speaker mounting height would no longer be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks